Cinermageddon

t0paz

Films & times for anyone who can't check the link, tickets deposit £20

WEDNESDAY

21.55 CROCK OF GOLD: A FEW ROUNDS WITH SHANE McGOWAN (18)
SPECIAL GUEST DJ FROM 20.30 AND DIRECTOR’S INTRODUCTION

THURSDAY

WHO KILLED THE KLF? (15)
SPECIAL GUEST DJ FROM 21:00 AND DIRECTOR’S INTRODUCTION

QUEEN AND SLIM (12)
SPECIAL GUEST DJ FROM 23:30

FRIDAY

21:45-22:10
Riz Ahmed presents
THE LONG GOODBYE

POLY STYRENE: I AM A CLICHÉ (12)

BRIAN & CHARLES (PRE-RELEASE SPECIAL) (PG)

TITANE (18)

SATURDAY

I AM A MUTOID
DIRECTOR’S INTRODUCTION 21:35 AND SPECIAL GUEST DJ FROM 22:45

LICORICE PIZZA (15)

THE RUNAWAYS (15)

SUNDAY 

LADY SINGS THE BLUES (16)

PETITE MAMAN (U)

GONKS GO BEAT (U)

Edited by Acid Loafers

2 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Bookings now live, if watching a film at a festival is your cup of tea!

https://www.cineramageddon.com/film-listing-2022/

Interesting selection of titles... I'd quite like to see the Mutoid one but zero chance I'll be there at 9:45 Saturday evening 😂

When it talks about guest DJs, do their sets also go through headphones or is there actually a PA? I can't quite picture the setup...

10 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

When it talks about guest DJs, do their sets also go through headphones or is there actually a PA? I can't quite picture the setup...

Its headphones, like at the Silent Discos, or thats what it was last time for the films and DJ set.  I went on first night for an Ibiza film then Fatboy Slim DJ set.  Warning - sitting in a car after a few rums and a long day may make you snoozy enough to miss the film and the DJ!

It was good to check it out and lots of effort put into the vehicles but I won't be going back - to many even better distractions at Glastonbury!

• Upvote 1

Didn't this have Escape From NY last time? As good as some of the films are I think its missing that late night drive thru element. Apart from maybe Titane. 

Nice potential theme though for Saturday. You can see Paul M perform Let Me Roll It on the Pyramid then go straight to see Licorice Pizza which has that song on it's pretty great soundtrack.

• Upvote 1

This film line up isn’t standing out enough for me to book a car this year. I got a car to watch Apocalypse Now the first year it was at the festival. 

Am I right in thinking you can view a film without booking but you don’t get to sit in a car to watch it. 

11 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Didn't this have Escape From NY last time? As good as some of the films are I think its missing that late night drive thru element. Apart from maybe Titane. 

Nice potential theme though for Saturday. You can see Paul M perform Let Me Roll It on the Pyramid then go straight to see Licorice Pizza which has that song on it's pretty great soundtrack.

good film, i really enjoyed it. and the sound track is even better

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Wonder if Diana will make an appearance before 'Lady Sings The Blues'?

I think her full festival itinerary will be:

Helicopter > Range Roger > Pyramid > Range Rover > Helicopter

12 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Didn't this have Escape From NY last time? 

Yeah, last film on Sunday night 2019 - we watched it as our festival closer. 

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Am I right in thinking you can view a film without booking but you don’t get to sit in a car to watch it. 

Depends on availability. We went with a group on Sunday night 2019 (as mentioned above) and had three cars next to each other, without having booked. 

3 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

good film, i really enjoyed it. and the sound track is even better

One of my faves of the year so far by a lot.

Also bloody forgot the Haim sisters are in it which is probably a much more interesting Glasto connection than the one McCartney song. I'm pretty thick.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Depends on availability. We went with a group on Sunday night 2019 (as mentioned above) and had three cars next to each other, without having booked. 

I may be tempted by Titane. No idea what state I’ll be in at that time on a Friday though so not something I’d plan my festival around. 

2 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Would love to see the KLF film but just cant bring myself to do it at Glastonbury. Too much more to do. 

I'll probably be knackered by then, so a nice sit down would be a good break, then head back into the site to carry on 🙂