Jump to content

Hospitality Tickets


donshakey
 Share

Recommended Posts

The innerstage area between the Pyramid and Other Stage is a really soulless place, full of media types and journos with laptops (obviously). Its only good to get from stages quicker in an emergency, and you will miss so much by bypassing the pathways, stalls, bars and generally normal people on your travels which make the festival what it is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dingbat2 said:

The innerstage area between the Pyramid and Other Stage is a really soulless place, full of media types and journos with laptops (obviously). Its only good to get from stages quicker in an emergency, and you will miss so much by bypassing the pathways, stalls, bars and generally normal people on your travels which make the festival what it is

Yep, it is.

People mention spotting celebs in Interstage - Worth clarifying that these are unlikely to be the acts playing the stage, but more along the lines of some bloke off Love Island or whatever shit the kids watch these days. As a general rule of thumb any "famous" people hanging out in Interstage are there because they want someone to take their photo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The year I didn't get tickets I looked into VIP glamping options, they were like £5k. For some reason I didn't go for them.

Doesn't really matter if the hospitality area is shit, I'd be all over £650 tickets if I needed them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, donshakey said:

Actually just been confirmed as £650 each so even more tempting. Approximately how close is the camping to the car park? Also can you arrive later in the week and still get a decent spot??

never used hospitality camping, so cant answer these.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, donshakey said:

Actually just been confirmed as £650 each so even more tempting. Approximately how close is the camping to the car park? Also can you arrive later in the week and still get a decent spot??

You can arrive any time and still get a spot for your tent (we arrived very late on Thursday and were fine). 

I can't remember how far the walk is from the car park,except that it's one of the closer car parks, but still a fair walk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty much the only advantage to hospitality tickets is the short cut. Interstage area isn't teeming with high value celebs, more Z Listers and workers. 

GFL probably would prefer that threads like this weren't posted 😉

Edited by Sawdusty surfer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you have tickets? 

If no, then buy these.

At £650 it's a really good price.

If you get a cheap offer at check in for an upgrade on a long haul flight, and you've just had a bonus... 

I've done Glastonbury every which way possible, and, I know I might come across as a w**ker for saying this, but... give me hospitality every time. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, donshakey said:

Actually just been confirmed as £650 each so even more tempting. Approximately how close is the camping to the car park? Also can you arrive later in the week and still get a decent spot??

If you want to go and can afford it why are you prevaricating?

What if someone else takes up the offer in the meantime? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, donshakey said:

Approximately how close is the camping to the car park? Also can you arrive later in the week and still get a decent spot??

Parking is right next to Ped Gate A (5 minute walk). Can get tricky on a wet year as down a narrow walkway which churns up quickly.

Camping is 10 minute walk from Ped Gate A. Always plenty of room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to get hospitality tickets when the camping was at the rear of the Pyramid (2007 & 2008) and it was brilliant. 2009 we were moved around the rear of JP and it wasn't anywhere near as good. If this is your only way of getting to the festival then take it, otherwise stick with a standard ticket. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, i'd be all over this if I needed one. If I had the means I think I'd spend up to perhaps £1000 to go to Glastonbury as a last resort if I grafted for the funds. Solely because I still believe it's excellent value for money!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Yep, i'd be all over this if I needed one. If I had the means I think I'd spend up to perhaps £1000 to go to Glastonbury as a last resort if I grafted for the funds. Solely because I still believe it's excellent value for money!

Wowzers, not a chance I’d pay that much for Glastonbury, that said I did spend best part of £1200 going to the England v Ukraine game in Rome last year so who knows what you will spend when it comes to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Wowzers, not a chance I’d pay that much for Glastonbury, that said I did spend best part of £1200 going to the England v Ukraine game in Rome last year so who knows what you will spend when it comes to it.

Very true, needs must sometimes! I doubt you regret it either, it's the memories you remember and not so much spending the money AS LONG AS you're in a financially viable place to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a hospitality ticket one year, my mates had standard tickets so I never got much use out of hospitality and just did the festival as I would've on a normal ticket. Only advantages for me was walking straight in past the Wednesday morning queue and being able to pitch our tents, and being able to park closer to Gate A.

Camping is right near Gate A so a long way out from the stages. I just camped with everyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Neil said:

Connections. The beeb and record companies have more than they can use and sell them off. And workers of various kinds are able to get them on a needed basis. 

From a connection in the record industry, apparently this year is extremely hard for even industry professionals to get hold of tickets due to popularity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ripcurl85 said:

As above and I believe there’s also a hospitality car park which is closer to (I think) gate A than the public car parks because that’s the closest gate to hospitality camping

There is but its an £80 extra this year. 

Im getting the train so haven't bothered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've camped in hospitality pretty every year since the mid 2000s, 

The interstsge area is a nice calm place to relax away from the madness, it has some nice food options and you can get a meal with a proper knife and fork and plates! 

You can get a very nice jug of pimms for about £60 which includes £20 deposit on the jug 😂

The camping is handy for the wicket gate and the corner of silver Hayes, it's very calm and the showers are a god send the, the toilets in both the camping and interstage are kept alright and proper flushing mostly. 

Im in a pod pad in hospitality this year so I'm a real knob 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Dawg said:

I used to get hospitality tickets when the camping was at the rear of the Pyramid (2007 & 2008) and it was brilliant. 2009 we were moved around the rear of JP and it wasn't anywhere near as good. If this is your only way of getting to the festival then take it, otherwise stick with a standard ticket. 

When you could camp Inbertween the stages it was quite wild at times, but that could of just been my massive gang of 20 odd year old loons that went. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, PabloCoke said:

When you could camp Inbertween the stages it was quite wild at times, but that could of just been my massive gang of 20 odd year old loons that went. 

Yeah, having your nick and then referring to getting away from the madness and  drinking jugs of pimms makes it seem like a certain mellowing has taken place 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...