Hospitality Tickets

donshakey

Never done it myself but know a few people who have and as far as I can tell it's just the following:

You get access to the hospitality area behind the pyramid/other stages that have its own bars/food places. It's still paid as far I know but no queues usually. And clean toilets. That area also provides you with a really quick cut through between stages which I guess would be pretty useful. I think there's a couple of other hospitality shortcut roads you can use with the wristband too. Also obviously lots of celebrity sitings if that's your thing..

You get access to the hospitality campsite which is by John Peel and I think fairly easy to pitch a tent or two up together regardless of when you arrive and has hot showers and clean toilets. 

4 minutes ago, vigo said:

Never done it myself but know a few people who have and as far as I can tell it's just the following:

You get access to the hospitality area behind the pyramid/other stages that have its own bars/food places. It's still paid as far I know but no queues usually. And clean toilets. That area also provides you with a really quick cut through between stages which I guess would be pretty useful. I think there's a couple of other hospitality shortcut roads you can use with the wristband too. Also obviously lots of celebrity sitings if that's your thing..

You get access to the hospitality campsite which is by John Peel and I think fairly easy to pitch a tent or two up together regardless of when you arrive and has hot showers and clean toilets. 

Worked hospitality on 2019 and got to stay in the hospitality campsite. Everything above is accurate in my experience. The Oxfam in interstage is a bit sw*nkier and stocked with more labels. 

Two mates of mine had hospitality tickets in 2013, although they opted to camp with everyone in standard camping but used the facilities in the hospitality.

seemed to be mostly what has been detailed above they were also big fans of being able to park their car much closer than normal! 

29 minutes ago, donshakey said:

Hi all, I've just been offered 2 hospitality tickets by links to the BBC for £750 each. Does anybody know generally what this allows you to do? Eg special camping areas, free food, drink etc etc

It allows you to go to the festival! If I had the money (I don't!) I would pay £750 happily!

30 minutes ago, donshakey said:

Hi all, I've just been offered 2 hospitality tickets by links to the BBC for £750 each. Does anybody know generally what this allows you to do? Eg special camping areas, free food, drink etc etc

no free food or drink access thru the interstage area between pyramid and other (where the main hospitality area is) a good short cut, also access to hospitality camping (boring) somewhere around the john peel stage.

I've had hospitality tickets before. The shortcuts are the main benefit, though it also makes camping very straightforward. 

Of course the main reason to get them is if it's the only way to get to Glastonbury.

£750 per ticket is incredibly expensive though. When I last got them (2016) they were around £480 each - around double normal ticket price. If that's the correct price then they are now up to nearly 3x. 

4 minutes ago, Rex2 said:

Any way to get access to these tickets or have you got to have connections? 

Connections. The beeb and record companies have more than they can use and sell them off. And workers of various kinds are able to get them on a needed basis. 

23 minutes ago, GregsyA said:

I've had hospitality tickets before. The shortcuts are the main benefit, though it also makes camping very straightforward. 

Of course the main reason to get them is if it's the only way to get to Glastonbury.

£750 per ticket is incredibly expensive though. When I last got them (2016) they were around £480 each - around double normal ticket price. If that's the correct price then they are now up to nearly 3x. 

Perhaps the BBC employee he’s getting them from is making a quick £250 along the way.🤐

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Perhaps the BBC employee he’s getting them from is making a quick £250 along the way.🤐

Possibly. The likes of the beeb and record companies, pay a fair wack for them. 

I’ve also had hospitality, echo the above. Also get access to the Amy winehouse memorial area backstage. Biggest perk for me was cut through, low queues for the loos and being able to sit on a bench /chair (the year I got it the weather was awful so nice to have somewhere to sit that wasn’t just mud). We also ended up camping in the hospitality area and met some lovely people (it was the brexit year, so a lot of busy journalists that morning there!) 

1 hour ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

Is there a way to get hospitality tickets? I know of friends who have never been and would snap somoewones hands off for these 

you need to know some one who has access to them such as at record companies or the bbc

Edited by Neil

47 minutes ago, Neil said:

you need to know some one who has access to them such as at record companies or the bbc

Do you know such people Neil?

Not as in I don't believe you but do you know them by virtue of hosting the forum/site.

Edited by Scrump

4 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Not as in I don't believe you but do you know them by virtue of hosting the forum/site.

If you see any tickets available now they will likely be far more expensive than this - any glamping firms who have cancellations are charging several thousand atm, so these are a comparative bargain.

23 minutes ago, Scrump said:

no, an old friend used to work for warner brothers and got her tickets from them every year.

somone else i know knew somone in liam gallagher's camp the year liam last played, and blagged their ticket thru liam's people.

i'll get a hospitality upgrade (not my entrance ticket), for being press.

23 minutes ago, Scrump said:

2 minutes ago, donshakey said:

Actually just been confirmed as £650 each so even more tempting. Approximately how close is the camping to the car park? Also can you arrive later in the week and still get a decent spot??

Can't answer this but if they're genuine and transferable(and you don't want them!) then I'm sure Neil or other upstanding members of the forum can suggest people that would be worthy recipients of the tickets.

9 minutes ago, donshakey said:

Actually just been confirmed as £650 each so even more tempting. Approximately how close is the camping to the car park? Also can you arrive later in the week and still get a decent spot??

There’s quite a lot of space in the field so you should be fine