Julian Temples Glastonbury - A right of Passage

ghandi

I had this must see documentary bought as a CD box set for me 10 years ago. Now saved on my Qbox hard drive after the virtual Glasto covid year. It feels about right to give it an air again. Off work with bugger all else to do...... why not. I implore all newbies to watch it. If you did't know what you were in for it's a great history lesson and enormously enjoyable, you'll be even more gagging by the end! 

I have watched this at least once a year usually about now or just before the fest. It's part of the build up, the anticipation.

• Like 1

Il be watching this for my glasto build up week, the first time I saw it was before my first one and remember thinking this place looks like another planet.

As well as reading bits of the book, few BBC sets and that YouTube one with Michael and the Villagers jostling over planning permission (if anyone remembers the name of that)

15 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I would love to watch it again but not available on any digital platform. 

If you have a dvd or blu ray player, it can be picked up from CEX for £1 and can also be found on Ebay and Amazon. It's a great dvd with loads of good extras.

4 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

Il be watching this for my glasto build up week, the first time I saw it was before my first one and remember thinking this place looks like another planet.

As well as reading bits of the book, few BBC sets and that YouTube one with Michael and the Villagers jostling over planning permission (if anyone remembers the name of that)

Is it showdown at Glastonbury Goode versus eavis. It’s on YouTube 1992 festival about Anne Goode and the Williams brothers and everyone else against the festival. Well worth a watch

• Like 1

Showdown at Glastonbury is (in my humble opinion) probably the best filmed document of the festival.

first time i saw it was around the time of my first time going in '94, watching it now is still an emotional experience and just the opening credit brings a tear to the eye (an Enya track i believe?)

the Julien Temple film is great, but also check out Glastonbury The Movie from '95 or '96 (pretty sure it was released in '96 as there was no festival that year and it was released as a kind of stop gap) and covers the '93 festival.

not long now - we are on the same page of the outlook calendar and that's always an exciting marker!

• Upvote 2