Qobuz Glastonbury 2022 Playlist

PassingCloud

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

If anyone happens to use Qobuz rather than Spotify I have transferred the 
excellent Glastonbury 2022 Playlist, complied by @Brave Sir Robin (hope you don’t mind!). Used TuneMyMusic premium.

pt1:

http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/9514725

pt2:

http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/9514726

I'm sure nobody will mind and even though BSR is quiet I'm sure he's happy folk are appreciating his endeavours. 

Not knowing anything about qobuz I was intrigued about the two parts?

11 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm sure nobody will mind and even though BSR is quiet I'm sure he's happy folk are appreciating his endeavours. 

Not knowing anything about qobuz I was intrigued about the two parts?

Qobuz has a maximum of 1000 tracks per playlist 🙂

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The reason I left it for Tidal. And Tidal being 2 quid a month with an Argentinian VPN! 

Qobuz is great though. 

Ah, I’m sure I figured that Qobuz worked out cheaper? I did use Tidal but switched to Qobuz because my current DAC doesn’t do MQA. Tidal is good, but I found the search function appalling. 

4 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Ah, I’m sure I figured that Qobuz worked out cheaper? I did use Tidal but switched to Qobuz because my current DAC doesn’t do MQA. Tidal is good, but I found the search function appalling. 

Yep its not great. Same for new music discovery. Shite in comparison to Qobuz and Spotify.

Re Tidal -has anyone created a Glastonbury play list. I transferred @Brave Sir Robin 's spotify in via tunemy music but it seems about 20-30 didn't make the transfer. I find Tidal is great streaming quality but as has been mentioned above finding some artists/tracks is a pain. Would you recommend Qobuz as being better across the board? 

4 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Re Tidal -has anyone created a Glastonbury play list. I transferred @Brave Sir Robin 's spotify in via tunemy music but it seems about 20-30 didn't make the transfer. I find Tidal is great streaming quality but as has been mentioned above finding some artists/tracks is a pain. Would you recommend Qobuz as being better across the board? 

Ive tried Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz, Deezer, Youtube Music, Apple and Amazon and went back to Tidal. 

Best quality, easiest app to cast (which is a lot of my listening) and good suggestions the more you use it obviously. And Neil Young And Joni Mitchell. 

Has anyone done this for Apple Music, I am aware it’s not the best option but I’m far too lazy to bother moving everything and would like to listen to the playlist, appreciate I could do this on shuffle with Spotify and adverts if I wanted to

4 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Has anyone done this for Apple Music, I am aware it’s not the best option but I’m far too lazy to bother moving everything and would like to listen to the playlist, appreciate I could do this on shuffle with Spotify and adverts if I wanted to

TBH no matter what format it is youll likely lose tracks. 

11 minutes ago, Barneym said:

You can use TuneMyMusic, but the free version will only allow 500 tracks. Premium is $4.50 for one month and gives you unlimited number of tracks plus playlist sync. 

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ive tried Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz, Deezer, Youtube Music, Apple and Amazon and went back to Tidal. 

Best quality, easiest app to cast (which is a lot of my listening) and good suggestions the more you use it obviously. And Neil Young And Joni Mitchell. 

yeah that is where i ended up. But I am not using an Argentinian VPN so it costs 9.99 (just checked and it went up from 7.99) a month. That triggers some questions now 😬as to whether its worth it............... 

49 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

The transfer didn’t transfer around 25 tracks (out of approx 1500) to qobuz, although I think most of the missing tracks are present on Qobuz I just need to find them. 

My take on it is that unless you have MQA compatible gear then might as well have qobuz as it’ll give you anything from redbook up to 24bit/192khz (can limit to mp3 when using data rather than WiFi) It’s just under £11/month. 

For around an equivalent cost Tidal will give you redbook (CD) quality. Their premium is £20/month but you’ll only get the full benefit of you have the equipment to do the full unfold of MQA. And, as I mentioned, the search function sucks. I found that even  mis-spelling an artist by one letter would not bring it up! 

Only downside, maybe, is that there is no Qobuz Connect, like tidal/Spotify connect.

I also use Roon, which is superb (but costs an extra £10/month). 

EDIT: CD quality is excellent though so I would definitely choose Tidal over Spotify.

Edited by PassingCloud
adding info

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

The transfer didn’t transfer around 25 tracks (out of approx 1500) to qobuz, although I think most of the missing tracks are present on Qobuz I just need to find them. 

My take on it is that unless you have MQA compatible gear then might as well have qobuz as it’ll give you anything from redbook up to 24bit/192khz (can limit to mp3 when using data rather than WiFi) It’s just under £11/month. 

For around an equivalent cost Tidal will give you redbook (CD) quality. Their premium is £20/month but you’ll only get the full benefit of you have the equipment to do the full unfold of MQA. And, as I mentioned, the search function sucks. I found that even  mis-spelling an artist by one letter would not bring it up! 

Only downside, maybe, is that there is no Qobuz Connect, like tidal/Spotify connect.

I also use Roon, which is superb (but costs an extra £10/month). 

EDIT: CD quality is excellent though so I would definitely choose Tidal over Spotify.

thanks, interesting. Hadn't come across MQA before. Looks like Qobuz and Tidal are similarly priced now. Have to have a ponder.

5 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Yes, sync it every day at 4am.

Link is here.   I've also created a new deezer one due to the limitation mentioned on that thread, I'll get the link.  I too migrated to tidal, firstly to get away from spotify (I'm not interested in podcasts vs how much they pay musicians and didn't like their ceo being a warmonger), audio quality is superior and as above can get on a great deal, even for the family sub. 

5 hours ago, Barneym said:

I remembered I paid for a transfer app when I moved from Spotify to Apple Music this afternoon. missing about 5 tracks

https://music.apple.com/gb/playlist/glastonbury-2022-bsr/pl.u-jV89e1NI1Lv3e

2 minutes ago, danssol said:

I remembered I paid for a transfer app when I moved from Spotify to Apple Music this afternoon. missing about 5 tracks

https://music.apple.com/gb/playlist/glastonbury-2022-bsr/pl.u-jV89e1NI1Lv3e

Good stuff, please post it in the main spotify thread too, which I've linked to above, as I believe the poster there had issues with the app they used.  I tried with tunemymusic, but no joy because it wanted me to have a paid sub on apple music

13 hours ago, clarkete said:

Yes, sync it every day at 4am.

Link is here.   I've also created a new deezer one due to the limitation mentioned on that thread, I'll get the link.  I too migrated to tidal, firstly to get away from spotify (I'm not interested in podcasts vs how much they pay musicians and didn't like their ceo being a warmonger), audio quality is superior and as above can get on a great deal, even for the family sub. 

Excellent thank you. That all passed me by! I now have two tidal Glastonbury 2022 playlist - both with c 1500 tracks……😂

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...