West holts

Fred Zepplin

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

Thought Caribou was fantastic, despite the technical difficulties.

Yeah agreed. The sound went off but there was also some weirdness about 5 minutes after the sound went back on when the beats went all out of sync. Couldn't decide whether they messed up or of it was an issue with the sound again. Other than that I thought they were fantastic.

Little simz soundcheck at 10am sounded absolutely amazing, unfortunately was working that evening so couldn't get to see it.

Roisin Murphy absolutely nailed it, I thought the entrance and then the ending the show with the same way you started was spot on. Brilliant from start to finish and highlight of fest for moi.

2 minutes ago, garc1a said:

Little simz soundcheck at 10am sounded absolutely amazing, unfortunately was working that evening so couldn't get to see it.

Roisin Murphy absolutely nailed it, I thought the entrance and then the ending the show with the same way you started was spot on. Brilliant from start to finish and highlight of fest for moi.

Agreed on Roisin. Such a shame she had a small crowd but she was amazing. I didn't have any strong headliner options on Saturday so I chose her and I wasn't disappointed. What a class act she is.

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2022 at 9:21 AM, Dave_c said:

Agreed on Roisin. Such a shame she had a small crowd but she was amazing. I didn't have any strong headliner options on Saturday so I chose her and I wasn't disappointed. What a class act she is.

Certainly weren't any sound problems for Roisin were there!? Absolutely thumping from where we were standing 😁

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Leon Bridges and Angelique Kidjo we’re both incredibly good 🙂

What a voice Leon Bridges has! Thought the set didn't quite connect with the crowd, but Texas Sun & The River at the end, as the sun got lower were really special

On 6/14/2022 at 9:50 PM, timespeedsup said:

She'll be like Beckham at the world cup 2002, able to play but not really match fit.

Glad to have been wrong there, Celeste was enthralling. Have since rediscovered her album. 

On 7/1/2022 at 5:29 PM, John the Moth said:

Leon Bridges and Angelique Kidjo we’re both incredibly good 🙂

Angelique Kidjo was a random fine catch for us. 

West Holts still my favourite stage for what they line up. Also took in fine sets from Nubiyan Twist and Emma Jean Thackray there. 

29 minutes ago, timespeedsup said:

Angelique Kidjo was a random fine catch for us. 

shes at womad in a few weeks (along with flaming lips), playing her version of 'remain in light', looking forwards to that. 😄