West holts

Fred Zepplin

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Old-ish photos I think. Bottom one looks like 2013.

Here's 2019:

GettyImages-1152494691-640x360.jpg

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah they moved the sound desk and put in those 2 in 2015 ish I think?

Ah I see! Observation skills on me 😂😂

Celeste has just cancelled her UK tour dates (previously they were just postponed). Based on the statement it looks like she’ll be out of glasto as well:

Hello to everyone,

It is of my deepest regret to be delivering the news that I have to cancel these shows, I’ve had a string of personal obstacles to overcome in the earlier part of this year. That had affected my overall health in a way which meant my voice had not the strength it needed to give the level of performance I wanted to. 

I am planning to spend the summer pacing myself and hoping to build up my confidence and the strength of my voice again. 
I really hope to see you all when I feel I can give you the show you deserve to see. 
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your support and encouragement, I can’t wait until we meet again .. 
All My Love .. 
Celeste

On 5/27/2022 at 11:48 AM, jdb026 said:

Celeste has just cancelled her UK tour dates (previously they were just postponed). Based on the statement it looks like she’ll be out of glasto as well:

Hello to everyone,

It is of my deepest regret to be delivering the news that I have to cancel these shows, I’ve had a string of personal obstacles to overcome in the earlier part of this year. That had affected my overall health in a way which meant my voice had not the strength it needed to give the level of performance I wanted to. 

I am planning to spend the summer pacing myself and hoping to build up my confidence and the strength of my voice again. 
I really hope to see you all when I feel I can give you the show you deserve to see. 
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your support and encouragement, I can’t wait until we meet again .. 
All My Love .. 
Celeste

Gutted, was looking forward to seeing her

On 5/24/2022 at 12:03 PM, Metal Monkey said:

It would be a daft clash, but stranger things have happened. Brass Against have a different singer for Glasto, not Sophia, maybe that swings it. 

I saw them yesterday and this was the different singer. Still thought they were TIGHT and well worth another visit at glasto.

(and another bonus singer with the trombone player looking all innocent then starting grunting FREEDOOOOM 😄 )

On 5/31/2022 at 2:52 PM, moogster said:

I saw them yesterday and this was the different singer. Still thought they were TIGHT and well worth another visit at glasto.

(and another bonus singer with the trombone player looking all innocent then starting grunting FREEDOOOOM 😄 )

I think it's the same singer they had at Boomtown, who is pretty good. My mate reckoned she sang the Rage songs better than Prophets of Rage!

Now the clashfinder is out, I'm going for the first 30 minutes, then SA, then Brass Against in the evening again. Double hornage. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, The Nal said:

So with Kikagaku Moyo added and after Acid Mothers Temple having played, it seems the "Lunchtime Japanese Psychedelic Rock Slot" is a thing now. 

Kikagaku are breaking up after this tour btw so get em while theyre hot!

Giving these lads a listen now after the noise on here about them, reckon this is my likely Saturday morning kick off at the moment

1 hour ago, Quark said:

It's certainly a USP

Not sure one that I'd encourage, must admit (tries to block out nightmare vision of Chris Martin grinning as he stands on the crowd barrier, supported by security).....

31 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Not sure one that I'd encourage, must admit (tries to block out nightmare vision of Chris Martin grinning as he stands on the crowd barrier, supported by security).....

Would be interesting to see people actually encouraging Chris to get onstage for a change! 😀

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Unconvinced by Brass Against. Can't move for brass band versions of stuff these days

Well with a much discussed lack of metal/heavy music I think they’ll provide a nice change.  Not to mention they do great covers of both The Pot and Lateralus, the latter (literally) of which they probably won’t play but we can certainly hope for!

I’m really not in to brass covers or brass bands or any of that stuff and usually avoid them like the plague at Glastonbury, but with a gap in my schedule and just the chance of getting to hear songs like Cochise, Aerials, all the Rage stuff played at the festival I reckon I’ll be there. It’ll be a bit of a laugh, early morning head bang and sing along if not anything else. 

Do they have any festival shows prior to Glastonbury? Interested to see what kind of setlist they’ll play, although I’m sure it’ll be mostly the big guns and not some of the more obscure stuff they’ve done in some previous sets. 

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m really not in to brass covers or brass bands or any of that stuff and usually avoid them like the plague at Glastonbury, but with a gap in my schedule and just the chance of getting to hear songs like Cochise, Aerials, all the Rage stuff played at the festival I reckon I’ll be there. It’ll be a bit of a laugh, early morning head bang and sing along if not anything else. 

Do they have any festival shows prior to Glastonbury? Interested to see what kind of setlist they’ll play, although I’m sure it’ll be mostly the big guns and not some of the more obscure stuff they’ve done in some previous sets. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brass-against/2022/columbia-theater-berlin-germany-13b46d79.html

I believe this was a headline show after they finished up the Tool tour.  Not a festival but a decent indication

Edited by lebenski

8 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Celeste still seems to be listed despite cancelling other dates. Does anyone know if she’s still on at Glastonbury? Really hope so! 🤞

I would very much expect she won’t be attending given the content of her statement.  Sorry 😞

3 hours ago, lebenski said:

I would very much expect she won’t be attending given the content of her statement.  Sorry 😞

I'm hoping it's the opposite, that she gave up the tour in the hope of playing Glastonbury with lots of BBC coverage. 

I should go plan a reserve on Clashfinder.....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, timespeedsup said:

I'm hoping it's the opposite, that she gave up the tour in the hope of playing Glastonbury with lots of BBC coverage. 

I should go plan a reserve on Clashfinder.....

Well, she performed at the Queen’s jubilee thing just the weekend before last… but a full set is a different story to just one song.