West holts

Fred Zepplin

9 hours ago, moogster said:

This Clashfinder is already updated. Wish there were more stages but that's already a good indication.

"This clashfinder has been marked by its creator as UNMITIGATED HORSESHIT and should only be viewed using fleeting glances out of the corner of your eye."

8 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

I really hope Brass Against isn't a clash with Skunk Anansie.

I really want to see both.  So yes, it will clash.

15 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, I suppose they have good reasons for it, especially if the stage is now wider, meaning more people can watch from the sides. I just can't picture it in my mind probably, not been to the farm for a long long time

Made it easier to see from the right hand side over the footpath.

Weirdly, not much for me at WH this time.  Or The Park.  Strange as I'm usually running between the two.

10 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

Ishmael Ensemble - Emma Jean Thackray then Nightmares on Wax is a great way to start Sunday. 

Not half. But I thought Herbie Hancock was going to be early doors Sunday. They're going to make jazz clash??

10 hours ago, The Nal said:

So with Kikagaku Moyo added and after Acid Mothers Temple having played, it seems the "Lunchtime Japanese Psychedelic Rock Slot" is a thing now. 

Kikagaku are breaking up after this tour btw so get em while theyre hot!

Ta, Acid Mothers were something else, so will have a listen to this lot.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It was turned in 2019

Not for the first time.

I can't remember exactly which year but somewhere around 2009 or 10 the stage was rotated a bit northwards, because it was deemed to be impacting on the GreenPeace field too much.

When they moved it back in 2019, facing even further south than it had been prior to 09/10, it came with a fancy (same as the Pyramid) sound system that allows them to better control how far the sound travels. As a result it now shouldn't (and in 2019 at least, didn't) significantly impact on any of the Green Fields.

My guess is that (with the sound issues solved) they prefer the current orientation is it makes it easier for people to access the various stalls stage right.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup . Never quite got the reason for it or why they did it.....and the walk round the corner to the lavs maybe took a moment or two longer....... but otherwise it was no big deal.

Maybe a sound thing? Does seem a weird one. 

So looking like I'll be spending 2 nights at West Holts, for Simbi and Roisin M, good chance we'll see Bonobo and Caribou before them too. Could happily spend 3 nights there but Kenny will win over Bicep this time.

Anybody else doing 2 or 3 nights here?

Such a great line up. Now firmly my favourite stage at the festival. 

12 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So looking like I'll be spending 2 nights at West Holts, for Simbi and Roisin M, good chance we'll see Bonobo and Caribou before them too. Could happily spend 3 nights there but Kenny will win over Bicep this time.

Anybody else doing 2 or 3 nights here?

Such a great line up. Now firmly my favourite stage at the festival. 

Just the one headliner for me (Bicep) but will be there for Bonobo on the Friday, and some of the earlier stuff across the weekend.

My brother always laughs at me because, at one point or another, I seem to have claimed half the stages on site as my favourite. However it's almost certainly West Holts.

13 hours ago, clarkete said:

But equally...she's a @gigpusherand for her the acts come first 😉

In my case I've made compromises to stay with pals or vice versa and the vast majority of the time we've found a good consensus and had a cracking time - plus tbh there's a lot of years I needed a wing man or woman as my navigation skills had been impaired. 

Fair point 😄 I do mean that if you'd resent being made to sit through something you don't like it's worth splitting up rather than it causing issues. For me when watching an act there's nothing worse than being with someone who'd rather be somewhere else because their mood can spoil it for me. I'd rather we both do what we want to do and both be in a good mood. 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Fair point 😄 I do mean that if you'd resent being made to sit through something you don't like it's worth splitting up rather than it causing issues. For me when watching an act there's nothing worse than being with someone who'd rather be somewhere else because their mood can spoil it for me. I'd rather we both do what we want to do and both be in a good mood. 

The one I've mentioned on here before is PSB. Was never a fan of their music and at the other of all places, which seemed a terrible stage for them. There were plenty of other things I'd prefer, I think I was gonna go to see a DJ somewhere but stayed as there were half a dozen of us. 

As most reviews and posters from here say, it was a fabulous show so in that case I was glad I stayed.

Doubtless I'll have examples of the opposite too though 😊

22 minutes ago, clarkete said:

The one I've mentioned on here before is PSB. Was never a fan of their music and at the other of all places, which seemed a terrible stage for them. There were plenty of other things I'd prefer, I think I was gonna go to see a DJ somewhere but stayed as there were half a dozen of us. 

As most reviews and posters from here say, it was a fabulous show so in that case I was glad I stayed.

Doubtless I'll have examples of the opposite too though 😊

The worst I've experienced was actually an arena gig many years ago that my sister in law decided to go to. Can't even remember who it was the rest of the memories associated with the night are so bad but I know we were in seats but nobody was seated apart from her sat down with her jacket on and arms folded throughout the entire gig. A total fun sponge. She's quite an insecure person and I think she came even though she didn't know the bands music because she didn't want to be left out but ended up spoiling all our nights. I'm guessing even my brother in law wasn't happy because she's never come to another one since 😄 

15 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

This resolves Friday and Saturday night for me.

Friday: WH

Saturday: off to SE corner before the queues

(Sunday still undecided- either Kendrick or Bicep)

Same for Saturday. May see half of Macca but sneak out before the end. 

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

The worst I've experienced was actually an arena gig many years ago that my sister in law decided to go to. Can't even remember who it was the rest of the memories associated with the night are so bad but I know we were in seats but nobody was seated apart from her sat down with her jacket on and arms folded throughout the entire gig. A total fun sponge. She's quite an insecure person and I think she came even though she didn't know the bands music because she didn't want to be left out but ended up spoiling all our nights. I'm guessing even my brother in law wasn't happy because she's never come to another one since 😄 

Yeah that does at least sound like she's learned to do what the enjoys, rather than because of missing out, so that's progress 🙂 

14 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Made it easier to see from the right hand side over the footpath.

Weirdly, not much for me at WH this time.  Or The Park.  Strange as I'm usually running between the two.

Do you know if the sound stage is still in it's original position as well or that's been moved too? I assume they need to move it too if it needs to stay central.

Also a bit underwhelmed by this line-up compared to previous years - up to this point I've seen 9 out of 15 headline slots on Jazz World/West Holts and it's usually my go to afternoon chill out zone, but I'm struggling to see who I'd watch. Probably none of the headliners and only a few during the day.

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Do you know if the sound stage is still in it's original position as well or that's been moved too? I assume they need to move it too if it needs to stay central.

Sound desks don't need to be central necessarily - the Pyramid ones aren't for example.

41 minutes ago, incident said:

Sound desks don't need to be central necessarily - the Pyramid ones aren't for example.

It’s always seemed pretty central. Are you sure? 

393A5BE1-ACC3-4D8E-99F7-747E8085EA71.jpeg

A766FB23-D6A9-4740-8EA8-521411E27C1F.jpeg