West holts

Fred Zepplin

Loving the Celeste into Leon Bridges if true. Problem is the headliners are not the problem because across the weekend I think i'm ok but the middle of day across the three days is a cluster .... we need these splits!!!!

Normally spend a fair bit of time on WH but not sure this year. 100% in on Caribou (always seems to elude me at Glastonbury) and half-tempted to stick around for some of Roisin before heading off to see Jessie Ware on The Park. Might try and catch some Leon Bridges as well but expecting him to show up for Khruangbin.

Roisin headlining is genuinely a nightmare for me. That Saturday evening is so stacked now.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Black Midi on Holts?! That’s a funny one. And in to Yves Tumor! Gonna have to try and be at that. 

Edit; and Brass Against on before them. Heaviests/rockiest run in WH history? 

Thing is with black midi, although they have a "rock" set up of guitars, bass, drums, live (and to a degree on record) it is very close to being jazz. I agree they could be on the park or JP, but I don't think it's massively wide of what you typically get on WH.

I've only seen them at a very small venue when they were touring the first album but they were outstanding live. 

Any ideas what this means? 

"West Holts is back, literally larger than ever and ready to take another musical trip through the best weekend of our lives."

Is the area larger this year? Are all the acts taller than previous years? Is it a poor use of the word "literally"? Am I reading too much into this? 

11 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

"West Holts is back, literally larger than ever and ready to take another musical trip through the best weekend of our lives."

Is the area larger this year? Are all the acts taller than previous years? Is it a poor use of the word "literally"? Am I reading too much into this? 

You've beaten me by a 'bonobo video distraction' number of minutes (I was at one of the shows but not that one) to asking the exact same question and see if anyone has any idea.

Based on nothing at all they might be adding screens to the stage this year?

4 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

You've beaten me by a 'bonobo video distraction' number of minutes (I was at one of the shows but not that one) to asking the exact same question and see if anyone has any idea.

Based on nothing at all they might be adding screens to the stage this year?

Haha it's always worth watching a Bonobo video. 

They actually added screens back in 2016 so presume it's not that. 

21 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Bigger stage?

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Oh really, why’s that? She not a permanent member or she just taking a break?

She said something at the O2 about her partner having a baby... or I think that's what she said but it was hard to hear.

They have different singers but she's been doing most things recently. When they played Boomtown they had someone else and it looks like that's who'd playing the rest of the tour. There's a post on their Facebook about it but I can't figure out how to paste it!

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Could they have carved off some more space from somewhere to make capacity for the field a bit larger?

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Thing is with black midi, although they have a "rock" set up of guitars, bass, drums, live (and to a degree on record) it is very close to being jazz. I agree they could be on the park or JP, but I don't think it's massively wide of what you typically get on WH.

I've only seen them at a very small venue when they were touring the first album but they were outstanding live. 

Yeah, they're amazing...but I reckon better in a tent at night rather than an outdoor stage.

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

When I saw them it was guitar, bass, sax and drums. Maybe they replaced the other guitarist a few years ago just to get this slot!

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Can they bring the organ? 🤩

Wow! Just played that through some very big speakers and it's window rattlingly epic. Bonobo straight in at number 1 for Friday night, never seen him. Clashes - be done with you.

57 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Will TLC clash with Confidence Man?

From the line up, that I hadn't heard of.. I am loving Yves Tumor. 100% there!

It's unlikely they will. Confidence Man likely to clash with Greentea Peng/Sleaford Mods and TLC with Dry Cleaning/Arlo Parks.

1 hour ago, dogeggs said:

Is it me or is that a wider stage than 2019?

Edit: That might not be a pic from 2019 - but pretty sure they used the same stage as previous years.

33C81CEF-CBAC-4516-944F-0B8A257685D8.jpeg

1871BA9D-6C1F-4AC5-B47B-526773CF88A9.jpeg

I think it is wider. The top image shows the apex 6 trusses wide, whilst the lower one is only 5.

6 hours ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

This is handy to know. Thanks for that. Used to be strangely difficult back in the day at TITP for some reason. Hopefully the wiser head on my shoulders will make separating/meeting back up a doddle.

But equally...she's a @gigpusherand for her the acts come first 😉

In my case I've made compromises to stay with pals or vice versa and the vast majority of the time we've found a good consensus and had a cracking time - plus tbh there's a lot of years I needed a wing man or woman as my navigation skills had been impaired. 

The new stage does look wider if you count the trusses.

Still not sure how they can avoid medium to large crowds spilling onto the boardwalk and into the sellers' area if the new stage is bigger and also being slightly turned. I don't understand it, because they could have just left it where it was facing into a big empty field.

image.png.9b629168667ea74cca0c8ceb1a634902.png