Vodka Infusion

JoBalls

I started arguably the most important part of my Glastonbury prep today and started infusing my vodka! I’ve done a tropical (pineapple, mango, passionfruit and a hint of lime), strawberry and lime, orange and rhubarb and vanilla.

I have also tried a bit of an experiment making mojito rum. Not sure how it will turn out or whether it will be any good for doing shots of warm 🤪

Is anyone else doing any infusions this year? What are you making and have you started them yet?

E4C60EA6-1498-4A78-AC4A-7D9C0BEEC1D0.thumb.jpeg.77e8546387a917626b2ff19be86a342b.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoBalls said:

I started arguably the most important part of my Glastonbury prep today and started infusing my vodka! I’ve done a tropical (pineapple, mango, passionfruit and a hint of lime), strawberry and lime, orange and rhubarb and vanilla.

I have also tried a bit of an experiment making mojito rum. Not sure how it will turn out or whether it will be any good for doing shots of warm 🤪

Is anyone else doing any infusions this year? What are you making and have you started them yet?

E4C60EA6-1498-4A78-AC4A-7D9C0BEEC1D0.thumb.jpeg.77e8546387a917626b2ff19be86a342b.jpeg

Those all look fantastic, also respect the effort that’s gone in 

• Like 1

Pineapple Tequila going on at the weekend, four weeks smooths it out. 

Also found that if you've left it late, vodka with a bag of frozen supermarket berries macerated with sugar only needs a week before it's ready to strain and drink

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

These look amazing … I’ve done them before but they don’t look half as good as the ones posted above … I’ve now got a dishwasher so I’m quite tempted 

I’m intrigued, why does a dishwasher make a difference? 

9 minutes ago, Larraht said:

A vodka rainbow! 

We have pineapple cube and cola cube vodka. We have enough to do another bottle though so need to consider another option I think! 

Ooh these sound yum! I’ve never done it with sweets, but the rhubarb and vanilla was inspired by rhubarb and custard sweets!

34 minutes ago, Smeble said:

I’ve done a worthers original vodka, been maturing in the fridge for a month or so, added some caramel as well. It’s nice enough but a bit sickly. Probably just stick to cider for the festival.

yeah mine was quite sickly, very frothy when you pour as well which looks vile (means nobody wants to have some at least!)

My squashies one is going ok so far, reckon i'll decant it soon and get a fruit one going perhaps. its good fun!

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

yeah mine was quite sickly, very frothy when you pour as well which looks vile (means nobody wants to have some at least!)

I remember the brown frothiness from when my girlfriend at the time and I tried to make Creme Egg vodka at university… 🤢

We have tried quite a few sweet ones, the top ones I remember- 

Werthers originals - 9/10 really easy to drink

Palma violets - 10/10 my personal fave! 

Strawberry laces - 4/10 looks like the bottle had worms. 

Cherry drops - 6/10 it was nice but still very strong vodka flavour. Probably needed more sweets. 

I am very interested in doing a squashy one! That sounds great! Come back from the festival with no teeth! 

2 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Now I just make curlygirls Cherry Bakewell Vodka as it's epic.

Agreed, it's the best!  For those not familiar with it, it's equal parts vodka, cherry brandy and amaretto.  Just mix together and drink, no infusion needed.  It's great neat but would also mix well with lemonade I guess.

Credit to @Curlygirl

We have pumpkin pie bourbon and cherry and chilli vodka.  Both have been maturing for quite some time now (made for 2020) but still taste amazing (though the chilli kick seems to have got stronger)!!!

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

Agreed, it's the best!  For those not familiar with it, it's equal parts vodka, cherry brandy and amaretto.  Just mix together and drink, no infusion needed.  It's great neat but would also mix well with lemonade I guess.

Credit to @Curlygirl

Perfect for drinking neat. My go to drink in the evenings to avoid multiple trips to the loo.

5 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Perfect for drinking neat. My go to drink in the evenings to avoid multiple trips to the loo.

Tbf after a few of those everything (including trips to the loo) becomes irrelevant. The deliciousness hides the lethality 😋 

It's not a flavoured vodka but did want to add that for those traveling light (on train / coach) etc, the Aldi cognac is a brilliant foolproof default spirit.

It's fine without a mixer and can be drank warm (pretend it's Christmas).  A stash of that in the tent and a decent sized hip flask is a good option.

That said, some great flavoured vodkas being touted here. Already counting the days to "Shit Mix Sunday"

17 hours ago, offmytrolley said:

I remember the brown frothiness from when my girlfriend at the time and I tried to make Creme Egg vodka at university… 🤢

That sounds hideous, even the easter bunny wouldn't go near that

10 hours ago, Larraht said:

We have tried quite a few sweet ones, the top ones I remember- 

Werthers originals - 9/10 really easy to drink

Palma violets - 10/10 my personal fave! 

Strawberry laces - 4/10 looks like the bottle had worms. 

Cherry drops - 6/10 it was nice but still very strong vodka flavour. Probably needed more sweets. 

I am very interested in doing a squashy one! That sounds great! Come back from the festival with no teeth! 

I LOVE Palma Violets - definitely trying this!

Squashies is actually quite a common one it seems! Pure sugar yep.

Edited by gfa

I’ve got a skittles vodka brewing at the moment. 

Just need to get some coffee filters to skim off the crap.

Will do one more flavour but haven’t decided which yet, have previously tried Werthers Original, Lemon Sherbert and Strawberry Bon Bon.

Might give Pear Drops a go. 

39 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’ve got a skittles vodka brewing at the moment. 

Just need to get some coffee filters to skim off the crap.

Will do one more flavour but haven’t decided which yet, have previously tried Werthers Original, Lemon Sherbert and Strawberry Bon Bon.

Might give Pear Drops a go. 

When I did skittles vodka it was a complete pain to get it through coffee filters. I think a Muslin cloth or similar would be a better option.