Camping near the pyramid stage?

AllyKhalil

Hi all, me and my 4 friends are arriving together Wednesday morning around 09:00.

I would really like to camp nearish to the pyramid stage and have researched online and Big Ground seems like the best place. But just wanted your opinions on whether we’d get a place with our rough arrival time? We’d probably have 4 small tents between us.

Thanks everyone!

1 hour ago, AllyKhalil said:

Hi all, me and my 4 friends are arriving together Wednesday morning around 09:00.

If you're arriving by coach, then you're in with a good chance of getting a place for all of your tents.  They might not be next to each other but should be close.

If you're arriving by car for 9am, then you're still in with a chance but your tents might be a bit more spread out!

Why would you want to camp near the Pyramid stage? When a big act ends, i always find myself tripping over guy ropes and pissing near the tents that are camped there. Although, i dont really go to the stage often as its mostly pop music these days that is programmed there. 

You'll have a much better time getting off your bonce camped up Pennards Hill, although if you are one of these bores who actually expects their neighbours to be quiet at night-time, then it isnt the place for you. 

• Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Why would you want to camp near the Pyramid stage? When a big act ends, i always find myself tripping over guy ropes and pissing near the tents that are camped there. Although, i dont really go to the stage often as its mostly pop music these days that is programmed there. 

Wait...what?

8 hours ago, AllyKhalil said:

I would really like to camp nearish to the pyramid stage and have researched online and Big Ground seems like the best place. But just wanted your opinions on whether we’d get a place with our rough arrival time? We’d probably have 4 small tents between us.

Thanks everyone!

Ignore the Cauliflower guy’s post. 

Shouldn't be a problem getting space at that time

Interested to know who you're wanting to be near the pyramid? Very unlikely you'll be at that stage all day and if you are then you're probably doing glasto wrong as there's so much to do and see. Also there's like a whole new festival after the headliner finishes at the pyrmaid stage....you still have 8 hours of music elsewhere.

On 5/13/2022 at 9:35 AM, MJP said:

Yeah, 5G will be at the festival. They set up a network within the festival and it was quite good last festival - they processed an impressive amount of data through the network: 100TB.

There's also a WiFi network around the EE recharge tent.

I'd expect press releases towards the end of the month and/or when the app relaunches.

Before I worked for them, I bought a 1-month SIM for £15 to use their network instead of Three.

9 minutes ago, MaseTMT said:

Interested to know who you're wanting to be near the pyramid? Very unlikely you'll be at that stage all day and if you are then you're probably doing glasto wrong as there's so much to do and see. Also there's like a whole new festival after the headliner finishes at the pyrmaid stage....you still have 8 hours of music elsewhere.

Look, you can't do Glastonbury wrong, you can have many different amazing weekends and not one of them is doing it wrong. 

NOT ONE. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i wouldn't want to camp anywhere near the big stages,

alas I am old, I like my space and and quite at night. I don't want people falling in to my tent .

if that is your bag then get there early and party hard my friend

7 hours ago, MaseTMT said:

I want to camp near the pyramid as my brother is camping off-site and his camp is closest to the entrance near the pyramid.

Where would you recommend if you could camp anywhere?

Edited by AllyKhalil

12 hours ago, AllyKhalil said:

Where would you recommend if you could camp anywhere?

There's absolutely no right answer to this question 😉 Preferred campsites are a frequent topic of discussion, you could probably find passionate advocates for every single camping field on the site - it's a very personal choice!

The link I shared upthread gives you a good overview of all the camping fields. You then just have to think about where you want to be, and what experience you want to have.

It sounds like you've got a good reason to be near Gate B, so yeah, Big Ground makes sense. You could also consider Kidney Mead although be warned the south-west corner of that field is near one of the largest & busiest toilets on site, so maybe stay away from there. 

If I was you, I'd go for Big Ground, get in as promptly as you can and just accept you probably won't get your group's tents pitched right next to each other. Then just get on & have a great time! 😄

Also worth noting that unlike some other festivals, you don't tend to spend that much time in your camp at Glasto.  Why stay put when there is so much to see and do and you can take your bevys with you?  For this reason, your bro can just as easily meet you out and about as opposed to at your tent.  I spend most of the day meeting up with different people to see different bands.

The last couple of years our group has camped in Michael's Mead/Hawkwell, which is basically on the slope next to Worthy Farm facing the Pyramid stage. Pros: quiet after hours, not much foot traffic passing, on a slope so no risk of flooding, close to toilets, can watch Pyramid sets from your tent. Cons: endless long drop doors banging, up a hill, pretty far from night time activities, also depending where you are you can be on a bit of a steep slope.. last year I kept waking up scrunched at the bottom of my tent in a pile. 

I'm stewarding this year so will be in the Oxfield.