(Belated) 50th Anniversary Celebrations

kugglaw

Will there be any (obviously belated) celebrations for Glasto's 50th anniversary at this year's festival?

I have a vague recollection of some stuff happened over the pandemic (archive footage, live sessions etc), but to be honest I wasn't paying attention to much of anything during this period. 

Has the whole 50th Anniversary moment passed now, will this year be just a "normal" Glastonbury?

Not based on any kind of actual knowledge but I don’t think it’ll get much acknowledgement and I personally don’t think it should. It’s been and gone. All celebrating it now does is remind everyone what we missed, and of any painful memories associated with the pandemic. 
To paraphrase Frank Gallagher, let’s just have a fucking party! No one wants to get maudlin. 

Edited by blutarsky

There's more important things to celebrate this year.  

Sure, we had some festivals last year and I was lucky enough to go to a couple of small ones, but nothing says 'we're back to normal' after Covid like 200,000 people at Glastonbury.