The Shoppies

CaledonianGonzo

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Considering I haven't really made a conscious effort to listen to their stuff since, I dunno, the late 80s, it's amazing how much of that set list is so immediately familiar  

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was at the Manchester show and it was superb.

Wasn't planning on going to see them again at the festival but given how good it was may well do so!

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Considering I haven't really made a conscious effort to listen to their stuff since, I dunno, the late 80s, it's amazing how much of that set list is so immediately familiar  

Was it all the covers?!

I'd swap out 'Monkey Business' for 'Pop Kids', 'Wouldn't normally do this kind of thing' for 'You only tell me..' and something, anything instead of 'Dreamland'(but that's not going to happen, and inevitably Olly whathisname will come on for that). 

But those are minor quibbles and in the half dozen times I've sen them, they've never let me down.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ll be there 100 % 🙂 gonna be such fun …. They play every 10 years (Obs this one is delayed ) might well be the last chance to see them on the farm 

Oddly enough I go the other way. The pool of heritage acts is massively reducing - I wouldn’t be surprised to see them headlining at some point.

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yep think they are my top Sunday headliner choice at the moment. 

nightmares on wax on west holts, that's the one for sunday 😄 
much less miming!

Edited by Neil

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Oddly enough I go the other way. The pool of heritage acts is massively reducing - I wouldn’t be surprised to see them headlining at some point.

If there’s a pattern and they go another 10 years neil tennant will be 82 … of course they might not #thereisnopattern 

12 hours ago, Smeble said:

I think I’m actually more looking forward to Pet Shop Boys than Macca, what a way to finish the festival, on the main stages anyway. Never seen them before.

Saw them once headlining at Roskilde, when there was nothing else on that I fancied. Liked it way more than expected. That's what I love about festivals.