Microcamper towing a caravan

Babylon sister

A friend got a ticket in the resale and is hoping to camp up with us at east cv leaving us tight for space as we're already putting a couple of smallish tents up behind us. My sister has a peugot partner microcamper which could tow our trailer tent. Does anyone know if someone be allowed to sleep in the microcamper? 

11 hours ago, Lesley2337 said:

I think for that set up you'd need a CV ticket for the campervan and one for the trailer tent

Thanks, the only thing is the microcamper doesnt have any fixed cooking or water facilities so doesnt meet the criteria for a campervan. It has a set up that folds into the boot of the car so that you can still use the car seats. 

2 hours ago, Babylon sister said:

Thanks, the only thing is the microcamper doesnt have any fixed cooking or water facilities so doesnt meet the criteria for a campervan. It has a set up that folds into the boot of the car so that you can still use the car seats. 

I wouldn't worry about that so much, I believe that's to dissuade someone throwing a mattress in the back of a Transit and claiming its a camper. I've neither washing nor cooking facilities in my T5, just a full width bed and I've never had it questioned in the six occasions I've taken it. 

On 5/21/2022 at 8:43 PM, Babylon sister said:

A friend got a ticket in the resale and is hoping to camp up with us at east cv leaving us tight for space as we're already putting a couple of smallish tents up behind us. My sister has a peugot partner microcamper which could tow our trailer tent. Does anyone know if someone be allowed to sleep in the microcamper? 

If it's towing a trailer tent you only need one CV pass. Don't worry you will be fine and there is no reason to even tell the stewards anyone is sleeping in the microcamper, it's simply a towing vehicle. I have used the CV fields every festival since 2009 and have seen a variety of towing vehicles not all are cars! 👍

7 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

If it's towing a trailer tent you only need one CV pass. Don't worry you will be fine and there is no reason to even tell the stewards anyone is sleeping in the microcamper, it's simply a towing vehicle. I have used the CV fields every festival since 2009 and have seen a variety of towing vehicles not all are cars! 👍

Ah brilliant  thanks, thats really helpful 😀 👍 😊 

8 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Think you need  check further because a camper van pass has a space allocated to it. This may not be large enough to accommodate a campervan + tents and a microvan+trailer.

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

Think you need  check further because a camper van pass has a space allocated to it. This may not be large enough to accommodate a campervan + tents and a microvan+trailer.

The OP hasn't mentioned taking a campervan, just a microvan towing   a trailer tent + 2 small tents.

9 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

The OP hasn't mentioned taking a campervan, just a microvan towing   a trailer tent + 2 small tents.

This... As long as it fits into the allocated(?) space 

I assume that the microcamper is no bigger than a regular towing vehicle? so just stress it is a towing vehicle.. 

My only question is how is everyone getting in to the festival.? How many do you plan to have camping together? 

21 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

This... As long as it fits into the allocated(?) space 

I assume that the microcamper is no bigger than a regular towing vehicle? so just stress it is a towing vehicle.. 

My only question is how is everyone getting in to the festival.? How many do you plan to have camping together? 

The car is a peugot partnwr tepee, Its a microcamper conversion kit that folds into the boot. The trailer tent is only a small one (6'x4' when folded). 3 of us will be travelling in the car and the others (4) will join us on wednesday, theyre coming by coach. We're taking the tents and we're having a trial set up this weekend to make sure it fits in the alloted sspace. 

Screenshot_20220524-085342_Samsung Internet.jpg

37 minutes ago, Babylon sister said:

The car is a peugot partnwr tepee, Its a microcamper conversion kit that folds into the boot. The trailer tent is only a small one (6'x4' when folded). 3 of us will be travelling in the car and the others (4) will join us on wednesday, theyre coming by coach. We're taking the tents and we're having a trial set up this weekend to make sure it fits in the alloted sspace. 

Screenshot_20220524-085342_Samsung Internet.jpg

That car and a trailer isn't going to be any longer than any other car towing a caravan, so you will be 100% fine and will only need one camper pass.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

its basically just a car... I hope you have a roof rack for all your associated clobber?

and take a couple of windbreakers to create a nice little camp that people wont go trudging through..

Have a fun festival.!

Thanks, its been a long wait for this one, you have a good one too 😀