Right, that's fine, we're splitting

Greased-Up Deaf Guy

4 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Ah that’s just the nature of clashes I guess. I watched Blur in ‘09. Don’t regret a second of it, one of my all time favourites. But Prodigy looked insane over on the other. 

Me and my brother went to the Prodigy whilst most of our mates were at Blur. I don't regret a second of it - had an absolutely amazing time. Truth be told, I'd have had an incredible night whichever I'd gone to. 

The only set I kinda regret not being at is Lionel. I wasn't even watching anyone else, I was just sat in a bar having a beer with my (other) brother. However, I don't get to see him that often at all so, whilst I wish I'd seen Lionel, I probably wouldn't change my decision if you put me back there right now. 

• Upvote 1

I went to Two Door Cinema Club while my mate went for a sleep, I went Frank Turner while my mate went for a sleep, I finished with The Cure while my mate went...........yeah you guessed it, for a sleep! 

Hot Chip was my plan for Saturday night in 2019 but 3 or 4 songs in and I really wasn't feeling it. Had a snooze on the hill and then went for a wander around the site. Ended up in the Theatre and Circus fields I think.

Great evening.

Edited by Andeeroo

21 hours ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

There's multiple times this happens across the festival for all of us.

Sometimes you just have to see Nile Rogers and CHIC whilst the rest of you go skank out to some drum & bass.

Post your biggest walkaways 

group of 12

11 went to Ed

1 went West Holt’s 

the rest is history 

👌🏻

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, zeppelin said:

The only set I kinda regret not being at is Lionel. I wasn't even watching anyone else, I was just sat in a bar having a beer with my (other) brother. However, I don't get to see him that often at all so, whilst I wish I'd seen Lionel, I probably wouldn't change my decision if you put me back there right now. 

…and that, my friend, pretty much sums up Glastonbury. Whatever you are doing and enjoying at any given time is what you should be doing. No regrets! 

• Like 1

2019 my entire group wanted to see The Cure. I headed off for Janelle Monet at West Holt's alone. Got a cracking spot with perfect visibility, a rarity for a short arse like me. Best decision, it's one of my favourite Glastonbury sets ever. I left beaming after that and totally buzzing.

The first Glastonbury I took my (now) husband to. 

Frustrating. I wanted to let him wander and discover it for himself rather than me showing him everything , but every time we were approaching something I knew he would love, he seemed to take a different turn. I wasn’t sure how to tackle this as I didn’t feel he was ‘getting it’ in the way I had hoped.

The next day we looked at who was on and he really wanted to see Men They Couldn’t Hang & I really wanted to see Mad Professor. So I walked across the site most of the way with him, pointed him in the right direction, & wandered back for a Mad Professor.

I didn’t see him again for about 8 hours, when he re-appeared wearing a bin liner as a skirt, having spent much of the afternoon watching Hungarian folk music in the pouring rain in the cabaret field, and saying ‘I’ve been trying to buy a hat all day but apparently I’ve got a very small head’.

20 years later we remain together and have hardly missed a Glastonbury, & will always have a patch during the weekend when we go off and do our own thing.

• Like 1

Tip for anyone fancying a solo wander. We pull an all nighter on the way down on Tues, so Weds night is usually an early one. 2011, we all stagger to the tent and go to bed. For some reason I wasn’t sleepy, so got back up. Spent the entire night wandering the site, chatting to random people, sharing drinks (and other stuff) ended up at the stone circle sharing a bottle of rum with strangers as the sun came up. It was proper magical. Got back to the tents just as the gang were waking up, so went for coffees, breakfast and then back out for the day. Crashed early Thursday night after about 70 hours straight awake but I had such a brilliant time. Would recommend it to anyone with the right mix of energy and, erm, “substances.”

On 5/21/2022 at 6:00 PM, maelzoid said:

Walked away from Blur '09 because I wasn't enjoying it.

Didn't even end up anywhere special. Thought maybe West Holts would have something good on, but it was Black Eyed Peas.

20220521_222530.jpg

• Upvote 1