Truth Stage line-up

Gnomicide

8 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

That Thursday lineup is pretty good! If I was going this year, I think I'd be spending most of my Thursday there.

All going great until Kae comes on to dampen the mood with 45 minutes of miserablist spoken fucking word  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, gigpusher said:

It’s a great tune! She’s great live as well! I do hope that they are playing somewhere else as well. 

I’d have said I reckon they’re a strong candidate for a Thursday slot in Williams Green, but they’re in the Netherlands and Germany on the Thursday and Friday… 😬 

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

All going great until Kae comes on to dampen the mood with 45 minutes of miserablist spoken fucking word  

hahaha, thought I was alone in this, but they're properly dreadful, right?

"Look at the old man, pain in his eyes

Go to Burger King, eat some fries

While the government feeds us lies"

Awful, awful stuff

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Mardy said:

hahaha, thought I was alone in this, but they're properly dreadful, right?

"Look at the old man, pain in his eyes

Go to Burger King, eat some fries

While the government feeds us lies"

Awful, awful stuff

Oh Mardy, you mardy bugger! The new KT record is absolutely brilliant. The melodies and beats are superb and Kae's flow is wonderful. But I guess they are a bit Marmite™️

Ben

*and as for @Gnomicide, we know he's beyond redemption! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh Mardy, you mardy bugger! The new KT record is absolutely brilliant. The melodies and beats are superb and Kae's flow is wonderful. But I guess they are a bit Marmite™️

Ben

Ah man, I'm sorry. To be absolutely honest, I saw them on a mixed bill about 10 years ago at the Bloomsbury theatre, when they were just doing 'slam poetry' (dread phrase), with no backing etc and it was absolutely excruciating. I've not been able to face them since. Given the whole thing the widest of berths.

Lots of people whose opinion I respect (including you, of course) seem to really rate them, but I just can't bring myself to dip a toe in. I get flashbacks to that awful, horrific 10 minute set a decade ago, and shrivel like a salted slug.

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Yes I think Kae may be the most marmite artist that exists. I have seen them do spoken word stuff before and always found them hugely uplifting. Latest album is great as well. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I’d have said I reckon they’re a strong candidate for a Thursday slot in Williams Green, but they’re in the Netherlands and Germany on the Thursday and Friday… 😬 

Hopefully might appear there or lower down John Peel over the weekend. If not I will just have to catch them on tour. 

16 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Ah man, I'm sorry. To be absolutely honest, I saw them on a mixed bill about 10 years ago at the Bloomsbury theatre, when they were just doing 'slam poetry' (dread phrase), with no backing etc and it was absolutely excruciating. I've not been able to face them since. Given the whole thing the widest of berths.

Lots of people whose opinion I respect (including you, of course) seem to really rate them, but I just can't bring myself to dip a toe in. I get flashbacks to that awful, horrific 10 minute set a decade ago, and shrivel like a salted slug.

Awwww, lovely boy! I found the previous record somewhat difficult to penetrate, despite its indisputable emotional heft. Though their rendition of it on Park was quite the thing. Pin drop scenes. 

I don't like everything they do, but holy smoke the new record is a great hip hop record. I would suggest you stick it on loudly, but in the background when you're making tea or something. You might find you go "woah, this is bloody good" without your subconscious trying to remind you of your former experience! Salt Coast from the new record is set to be a something in my eye moment, I fear...

Ben
x