Jump to content

Doja Cat cancels


FloorFiller
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I wonder if this will have an impact on the potential full line-up on the 24th?

I guess they could always stick it down as a TBA

that gives them far less room to bump someone up, move people around to appropriate slots

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If she was subbing, there’s others on the hill who could sub. I’m thinking Fender, Elbow, Lorde, Wolf Alice.

If our info was wrong and she was Orher headliner against Macca that could be trickier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You’d assume this close they’d have a contingency for a late drop out. They’ll have  a series of acts to slip into places just in case. Standard behaviour surely. Fender seems appropriate if he’s Other Stage as expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

If she was subbing, there’s others on the hill who could sub. I’m thinking Fender, Elbow, Lorde, Wolf Alice.

If our info was wrong and she was Orher headliner against Macca that could be trickier.

Thinking the same and it's a bump up with them filling the 3rd down slot with someone new. If on Other against Macca though is Dua Lipa possibly in for a shout again or is the consensus that she's too big for it?

Also what makes us rule out Harry Styles? Think he's the obvious replacement if Doja is the Friday Billie sub cause his tour dates make him free and close-by for that particular date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Thinking the same and it's a bump up with them filling the 3rd down slot with someone new. If on Other against Macca though is Dua Lipa possibly in for a shout again or is the consensus that she's too big for it?

Also what makes us rule out Harry Styles? Think he's the obvious replacement if Doja is the Friday Billie sub cause his tour dates make him free and close-by for that particular date.

If he is available last minute then I would suspect that he is already planned for a set. I would just expect some rejigging of the line up at this stage. It will work out okay as there are plenty of acts that people have said were too low down anyway although if they do draft Lizzo in I am there for it!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

Kasabian. A last minute call for a sub could be just the right spot for them maybe?

Dont thinj they need fake kasabian.


female for female is likely the move. Emily isnt going to just let another big Spot go to the boys

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

Sorry for those that want to see her, but just watched a couple of videos on YouTube…

 No loss there.

Its a loss when they were able to get her in the first place.

 

Harry is around but he wouldnt be able to have his whole stage show. And why you guys wanna take Coachellas stuff. At least Doja was there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wilem said:

How’s Damon Albarn’s schedule looking?

Good friend of the festival with new material out and of an appropriate scale

He’s essentially moved on from the solo release already, and back to Gorillaz. Who are touring Europe during Glastonbury. He’s 99.9% out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Doja was subbing Billie, and Harry wasn’t already playing, I can well imagine his people would get a call, and he would be an upgrade.

Florence could be in with a shout but I’d feel very sorry for them, bagging big slots only when someone drops out. 

No chance of Adele or Kasabian imo. 

Edited by kalifire
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Does she have a show yet?

She has a tour for the fall. Cant tell me she cant get something sorted in a month. 
 

just need to make a list of who is avail or has a better chance. Again, they have time. If this was less than 2 weeks out then it would likely be a swap up for somebody on the schedule and then a smaller fill in act gets put into place. 
 

 

 

Edited by Suprefan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some initial thoughts. 
 

Harry - has the gap, strong chance of appearing anyway.

Adele - Hyde Park the following week, likely rehearsed, unknown if willing to do it.

Lizzo - Nothing happening  schedule wise but could maybe get a show together in the time given.

Florence - technically available but chance lowered due to Werchter appearance on Saturday instead of Sunday

Chris Martin/Coldplay - Always a chance to show up.

Snow Patrol - available and would be a solid fill in for any swap/upgrade of an existing act.

The Prodigy -  technically Available, would be a huge wild card and not the kind of spot to be in, but a lower billed fill in for swap would seem more logical.

Mika/Paolo Nutini - both rumored and could just get slotted in with nobody knowing the wiser of their true position previously.

Portishead -  Technically available. Beth might have been showing up for Kendrick anyway, might as well ask.

Stevie Knicks - Technically available. Has to fly from north america but will be fresh off a short run of shows and be ready to go.

Nine Inch Nails - technically available. Would just have to stay in the uk a couple extra days and be ok with the overnight to france for a festival date the next day.

 

Stereophonics, Travis, David Gray - All available in some capacity, could be decent fill in for upgraded act.

 

Spice Girls - they got the opening they were waiting for lol

Edited by Suprefan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Some initial thoughts. 
 

Harry - has the gap, strong chance of appearing anyway.

Adele - Hyde Park the following week, likely rehearsed, unknown if willing to do it.

Lizzo - Nothing happening  schedule wise but could maybe get a show together in the time given.

Florence - technically available but chance lowered due to Werchter appearance on Saturday instead of Sunday

Chris Martin/Coldplay - Always a chance to show up.

Snow Patrol - available and would be a solid fill in for any swap/upgrade of an existing act.

The Prodigy -  technically Available, would be a huge wild card and not the kind of spot to be in, but a lower billed fill in for swap would seem more logical.

Mika/Paolo Nutini - both rumored and could just get slotted in with nobody knowing the wiser of their true position previously.

Portishead -  Technically available. Beth might have been showing up for Kendrick anyway, might as well ask.

Stevie Knicks - Technically available. Has to fly from north america but will be fresh off a short run of shows and be ready to go.

Nine Inch Nails - technically available. Would just have to stay in the uk a couple extra days and be ok with the overnight to france for a festival date the next day.

 

 

It isn’t gonna be any of these acts for a multitude of different reasons.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...