Doja Cat cancels

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Well, obvs but not just responses to me, there seems to be very little on Twitter about it. I thought there'd be a lot more given the perceived status. A quick search of "Glastonbury "Doja Cat" brings up about 20 to 30 tweets.

I dunno, maybe if some sort of official announcement is made by the festival, there may be more of a reaction. 

Yeah tbh my friends didn’t know until I shared Doja’s tweet. As you say official statements travel further… Glastonbury won’t make one.

I think in some strange way it’s similar to Aerosmith-gate. If you followed all the Glastonbury rumours/Twitter accounts you would know. But most people I spoke to had no idea they were in the frame.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah tbh my friends didn’t know until I shared Doja’s tweet. As you say official statements travel further… Glastonbury won’t make one.

I think in some strange way it’s similar to Aerosmith-gate. If you followed all the Glastonbury rumours/Twitter accounts you would know. But most people I spoke to had no idea they were in the frame.

Who are these people who aren't thinking about the Glastonbury line-up every waking moment? 😁

Completely with Matt on this, Doja was one of the only acts on the lineup that everyone within my friend circle wanted to see. As much as in this forum some might not be as fussed about her, she is one of the biggest names in her genre at the moment and definitely quite a big blow - a lot of people I know had only booked Wireless tickets to see her there as well. Will be interesting to see what they do to replace her, either bumping someone up, or booking someone else onto the lineup

Yeah, big loss to the festival. Glastonbury needs contemporary pop acts and they don't come much bigger currently than Doja Cat. Would have been a great set, and whoever they get as a replacement won't be as compelling and of the moment. Damn shame.

What I can see happening is Fri pyramid looks like this.

Billie Eilish
Sam Fender 
TBA (Harry Styles)
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Crowded House
Rufus Wainwright
Ukraine Choir

Wolf Alice subbing Foals on the other stage.

11 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Let’s face it, none of us have a fucking clue what Glasto HQ are doing to fill the void left by Doja’s demise

But the fun lies in pretending that you do. 

Then rubbishing everyone else’s views on what they’ll do 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

When U2 cancelled in 2010 I don’t think anyone here predicted Gorillaz

(Aren’t Gorillaz around…?)

*edit - they are playing in Germany on the Friday so no

Edited by Matt42

30 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Let’s face it, none of us have a fucking clue what Glasto HQ are doing to fill the void left by Doja’s demise

Well it beats just waiting for the full line up and wondering when area posters are gonna come. Too much time seems to be a bad thing. Shorter notice and its assumed they re shuffle. 

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

(Aren’t Gorillaz around…?)

*edit - they are playing in Germany on the Friday so no

I didn’t go but there will be people here who will have wanted a Trigger warning before that post 😉

Most likely (occam’s razor) possibility 

Sam Fender moved to sub, Sunday other stage reorganised.

People they could draft in (who are free that date - not ranked on likeliness)

Harry Styles
Dua Lipa
Dave
A$AP Rocky (wireless weekend after)
Tyler the Creator (wireless weekend after)
Florence + The Machine
Stormzy

Rock acts they could pick if they decide not to substitute with something similar 

Royal Blood
Jack White

Jorja Smith can’t do it - has a gig on the Friday. Thought that might be an interesting one to draft in. Shame.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Most likely (occam’s razor) possibility 

Sam Fender moved to sub, Sunday other stage reorganised.

People they could draft in (who are free that date - not ranked on likeliness)

Harry Styles
Dua Lipa
Dave
A$AP Rocky (wireless weekend after)
Tyler the Creator (wireless weekend after)
Florence + The Machine
Stormzy

Rock acts they could pick if they decide not to substitute with something similar 

Royal Blood
Jack White

Jorja Smith can’t do it - has a gig on the Friday. Thought that might be an interesting one to draft in. Shame.

611488808_tenor(2).gif.b3a69c950911d8301c25f705a046166a.gif