Doja Cat cancels

FloorFiller

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Trust me, theyre stressed. Nobody is immune to that sort of thing at all. If the schedule and full poster is to go live on the 24th, you know they have to get the poster changed to match what is and isnt there? They have to decide on either leaving Doja's spot as tba or to put somebody in there brand new or shuffle around acts that are on the lineup and then adjust that part of the schedule. Those are critical decisions and if indeed they only have about 48 hours from now to do that, well, thats stressful.

Again, as its been said, theyre fortunate to have time to make a decision. So the easiest route is to leave it as a TBA and you bought yourself a couple weeks and can make a more informed choice.

We havent even gotten to covid related stuff yet. Wanna tell me they wouldnt be stressed if McCartney got it a few days before the fest? 

Why are you pretending you know them? Bit weird

Enjoying the January time speculation vibe of this thread but tbh Doja was a name on a long alphabetical list, and for that reason the festival is free to put who they want in her place which no one knew for sure anyway. Don’t see why they’d start negotiating with Florence or Mick Hucknall when they can shift what they have and still have a great line up. 

9 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Enjoying the January time speculation vibe of this thread but tbh Doja was a name on a long alphabetical list, and for that reason the festival is free to put who they want in her place which no one knew for sure anyway. Don’t see why they’d start negotiating with Florence or Mick Hucknall when they can shift what they have and still have a great line up. 

Yeah this is a good point, although tbf she was a big name on the poster so it’s not like her being removed is gonna go unnoticed. I don’t think they’re gonna just pretend like she was never there come the full timings announcement, but people are being ambitious with their predictions of who they’ll get to replace her. Far more likely they’ll shuffle the lineup from below and have a smaller name added further down than them adding another mega star, especially somebody like Florence who by all accounts could and probably wants to headline the thing herself, not be called in as a late stage replacement. Fully expecting a Sam Fender or Wolf Alice bump up to that sub position.

2 hours ago, Brad2434 said:

Why are you pretending you know them? Bit weird

Yes I agree. When I spoke to Michael this morning he told me he wasn’t that bothered and he didn’t really want people singing about their squirting kitty on the Pyramid. But Em’s is rather stressed about it all, apparently. 

The demographic of this forum really shows when you have people suggesting she’s just a name on the lineup and if she wasn’t there people wouldn’t notice 😂 crikey.

She was one of the biggest names on the lineup, Glasto could have just lost a pyramid sub. It’s the equivalent of losing a Lana, Noel, George Ezra, Katy Perry etc a month out.

While I think they’ve got some good names in their back pocket to backfill, I’m not going to dismiss that they might do something. She would have been one of the more expensive acts/high production names of the weekend. We are still a month out so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did at least try something. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The demographic of this forum really shows when you have people suggesting she’s just a name on the lineup and if she wasn’t there people wouldn’t notice 😂 crikey.

She was one of the biggest names on the lineup, Glasto could have just lost a pyramid sub. It’s the equivalent of losing a Lana, Noel, George Ezra, Katy Perry etc a month out.

While I think they’ve got some good names in their back pocket to backfill, I’m not going to dismiss that they might do something. She would have been one of the more expensive acts/high production names of the weekend. We are still a month out so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did at least try something. 

Some will some won’t … put in another big name some might notice less … that’s the beauty of it …. It’s one name among  1000s of course some may be dissapointed …. But others will be happy to see someone else fill that slot that they prefer to see … just how things go … 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Some will some won’t … put in another big name some might notice less … that’s the beauty of it …. It’s one name among  1000s of course some may be dissapointed …. But others will be happy to see someone else fill that slot that they prefer to see … just how things go … 

Yeah but my point is that some people are brushing this under as not a loss because they are unfamiliar with her / don’t listen to new pop music.

Probably big BBC marquee act has gone. I won’t be surprised if the festival is looking at what they can do situationally.

I reckon if Noel dropped or maybe Pet Shop Boys, the attitude would be different.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt42 said:

Yeah but my point is that some people are brushing this under as not a loss because they are unfamiliar with her / don’t listen to new pop music.

Probably big BBC marquee act has gone. I won’t be surprised if the festival is looking at what they can do situationally.

I reckon if Noel dropped or maybe Pet Shop Boys, the attitude would be different.

It’s only a loss to those that planned on seeing her if that makes sense … for me it’s not a loss … sad yep but I’d have been elsewhere anyway … hopefully she’ll get her chance another time … they pretty well do this for people that pull out due to illness and that will fill that gap the next time 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s only a loss to those that planned on seeing her if that makes sense … for me it’s not a loss … sad yep but I’d have been elsewhere anyway … hopefully she’ll get her chance another time … they pretty well do this for people that pull out due to illness and that will fill that gap the next time 

You’re missing my point. A few people in here are acting as if the festival won’t be bothered, will just rejiggle the lineup, and move on. As if the festival didn’t book Doja for a specific purpose / to please an audience who was looking forward to her.

I won’t be surprised if they are speaking to at least someone to see what can be done. We are still a month out.

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You’re missing my point. A few people in here are acting as if the festival won’t be bothered, will just rejiggle the lineup, and move on. As if the festival didn’t book Doja for a specific purpose / to please an audience who was looking forward to her.

I won’t be surprised if they are speaking to at least someone to see what can be done. We are still a month out.

Anybody touring around the time you can think of that might be a reasonable replacement? Still can’t get over the idea of them just boosting up Sam Fender, but that’s me assuming it’s as easy as that and for all we know he might have already been bumped up the lineup since the ‘third down Other’ info. 

42 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You're right that clearly we're not likely to be her demographic, but for any act who cancelled, including those you named, there would always be posters who say similar.  Indeed I'd be more pleased if some of those you named had dropped instead 😉

I’m sure ‘the festival’ are disappointed, but they’ve had bigger acts pull out before and with less time to react. I’d imagine they’ll be working hard to find a replacement if possible, but they won’t panic. In fact, with the pandemic as the backdrop, they may already have agreements with acts willing to effectively be super-subs for any late withdrawals.

Edited by Gingerfish79

It's not just here that people don't seem arsed, I tweeted about it and about 2 people seemed upset she was gone. The demographic amongst people following a Glastonbury fan account may not be that more diverse than here but it does look it to me. I reckon if I'd tweeted Sam Fender or Noel Gallagher had cancelled there would have been a bigger reaction. 

Maybe if I had a TikTok account? 🤔 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

They’ve lost headliners with similar notice before and if I had planned to see them I’d say aw no and then move along. If one of those you mentioned was dropped last minute I would be pretty happy and the other would fall into the aw no, wonder who it’ll be instead. The festival almost every year deal with at least one reasonably high profile act not being able to make it and this year with COVID they’ll be more prepared for it than ever. 

31 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's not just here that people don't seem arsed, I tweeted about it and about 2 people seemed upset she was gone. The demographic amongst people following a Glastonbury fan account may not be that more diverse than here but it does look it to me. I reckon if I'd tweeted Sam Fender or Noel Gallagher had cancelled there would have been a bigger reaction. 

Maybe if I had a TikTok account? 🤔 

Not to hamper your brand but a lot of people who attend this festival don’t tweet about it all day and follow the thingy 😉 

She’s one of the most steamed artists on Spotify and played huge sets at Coachella etc. One of the acts most in demand at Wireless this year. To think Glastonbury is living on some remote island away from this is crazy.

From my group - they are extremely disappointed at losing one of the top acts of the weekend.

Yeah she’s a big loss to the people in my group, especially one of the first timers coming with us who was probably more excited about her than anybody else on the lineup thus far. She obviously falls more in to the mainstream pop bracket hence why your usual festival forum people aren’t gonna be too fussed, but she’s a massive act who would’ve had a really big crowd, so fingers crossed they can get a replacement, although really can’t think who unless they just have to go with somebody completely different rather than a like-for-like. 

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not to hamper your brand but a lot of people who attend this festival don’t tweet about it all day and follow the thingy 😉 

She’s one of the most steamed artists on Spotify and played huge sets at Coachella etc. One of the acts most in demand at Wireless this year. To think Glastonbury is living on some remote island away from this is crazy.

From my group - they are extremely disappointed at losing one of the top acts of the weekend.

Your group are young and trendy and this forum is the older demographic. It’s one act on a massive line up. Probably won’t be the last. Some people will be disappointed more than others about any act that cancels. 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah this is a good point, although tbf she was a big name on the poster so it’s not like her being removed is gonna go unnoticed. I don’t think they’re gonna just pretend like she was never there come the full timings announcement, but people are being ambitious with their predictions of who they’ll get to replace her. Far more likely they’ll shuffle the lineup from below and have a smaller name added further down than them adding another mega star, especially somebody like Florence who by all accounts could and probably wants to headline the thing herself, not be called in as a late stage replacement. Fully expecting a Sam Fender or Wolf Alice bump up to that sub position.

There are other acts on the bill who can sub but she’s a pretty big loss if they can’t get a similarly big replacement.

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well, obvs but not just responses to me, there seems to be very little on Twitter about it. I thought there'd be a lot more given the perceived status. A quick search of "Glastonbury "Doja Cat" brings up about 20 to 30 tweets.

I dunno, maybe if some sort of official announcement is made by the festival, there may be more of a reaction.