Doja Cat cancels

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

I find her music awful, her personality worse, every interview I've seen drives me up the wall. All opinion of course, not attempting to change your mind, but there's something about her that really really riles me up. Can't think of anybody else in contemporary music I find anywhere near as banal while masquerading as deep

mardy-for-life-tee?u=aHR0cHM6Ly9tdXNpY2d

4 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Just because a band has a gap in their schedule doesn’t mean they can do it. There’s a lot of logistics involved in moving all the gear around and that’s organised months in advance. Sam Fender could do it, would be huge for him. 

Thats right, but guess what, if the Eavii are looking into a proper replacement, THATS WHAT THEYRE LOOKING AT. Theyre having a similar discussion with agents and such at the moment to see who can do what. You have to start at just a list and then go from There. Theyre just more stressed out about it than we are.

And if you want to talk a out acts that would bend over backwards to perform and such at the mighty glasto, maybe they would be willing to cancel some tour dates to do so. Justin Bieber was willing to postpone 3 arena shows to be the replacement for Kanye at Coachella. But apparently no artist right now would move a couple dates around their schedule to possibly be a subheadliner at the G.

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Justin Bieber was willing to postpone 3 arena shows to be the replacement for Kanye at Coachella. But apparently no artist right now would move a couple dates around their schedule to possibly be a subheadliner at the G.

That’s a pretty crappy thing to do to your fans that had bought tickets, booked hotels and flights etc for the arena shows

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If Allan Toilet the hard right headcase that runs Coachella can pay The Weeknd $4M to do a poorly received set with 10 days notice then why can't Emily Eavis simply do the same rather than some simple re-arranging of the running order?

Obviously because Glastonbury never pay over the odds for an artist to play. Once they start making exceptions to that rule and then they will have to start dealing with more agent demands for increased fees. 

It’s not the first time acts have pulled out and won’t be the last. 

Doja Cat wasn’t on my list to see anyway so I’m happy for a replacement act more to my taste. 

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

That’s a pretty crappy thing to do to your fans that had bought tickets, booked hotels and flights etc for the arena shows

The dates were in the midwest, he likely couldnt have cared less Im sure. Ariana Grande had to shift about 10 dates back in 2019 to replace Kanye. But it all worked itself out. granted, those dates were 3 months away and not a week away, though.  But justin bieber is an overall terrible person so it wasnt shocking. His agent also leaked the info about the payday and such to make it seem that the weeknd was demanding the full fee or no performance would happen.

59 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If Allan Toilet the hard right headcase that runs Coachella can pay The Weeknd $4M to do a poorly received set with 10 days notice then why can't Emily Eavis simply do the same rather than some simple re-arranging of the running order?

Paul Tollett, and it was 8 million, he had to do it twice. Where was it poorly received lol. I had a great time watching The Weeknd at no extra cost of buying a ticket to his stadium tour. Swedish House Mafia was as expected, not that great and showed how dated their sound was. I think the 100,000 people watching doesnt make it seem it was poorly received either. But I mean, since I was there I have zero knowledge of the situation.

The Eavii dont have an entertainment conglomerate backing them. So they have whatever fee Doja was set to receive and maybe a little enticement of doing this, but thats it. 

I think its just that this came with a month to go and it makes a huge difference in what they can do. If there come some changes the week of due to covid, they cant do much at all but fill in gaps as best as possible.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Thats right, but guess what, if the Eavii are looking into a proper replacement, THATS WHAT THEYRE LOOKING AT. Theyre having a similar discussion with agents and such at the moment to see who can do what. You have to start at just a list and then go from There. Theyre just more stressed out about it than we are.

And if you want to talk a out acts that would bend over backwards to perform and such at the mighty glasto, maybe they would be willing to cancel some tour dates to do so. Justin Bieber was willing to postpone 3 arena shows to be the replacement for Kanye at Coachella. But apparently no artist right now would move a couple dates around their schedule to possibly be a subheadliner at the G.

And how much were coachella gonna pay beiber for that? More than he’d get for 3 gigs I’m guessing. This is pie in the sky stuff, no offence. 

Edited by Madyaker

7 hours ago, Mardy said:

I find her music awful, her personality worse, every interview I've seen drives me up the wall. All opinion of course, not attempting to change your mind, but there's something about her that really really riles me up. Can't think of anybody else in contemporary music I find anywhere near as banal while masquerading as deep

This is exactly how I feel about Adele, complete blackboard scratcher. No idea who Doha cat is

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

The Eavii won't be stressed a tiny bit. They've got loads of potential subs on the bill already. They might have a look around for something, but what is far more likely is that agents/labels are touting their artists left, right and centre. They're probably a bit sad they haven't got their original plan, but stressed? No chance.

5 hours ago, Superscally said:

The Eavii won't be stressed a tiny bit. They've got loads of potential subs on the bill already. They might have a look around for something, but what is far more likely is that agents/labels are touting their artists left, right and centre. They're probably a bit sad they haven't got their original plan, but stressed? No chance.

Trust me, theyre stressed. Nobody is immune to that sort of thing at all. If the schedule and full poster is to go live on the 24th, you know they have to get the poster changed to match what is and isnt there? They have to decide on either leaving Doja's spot as tba or to put somebody in there brand new or shuffle around acts that are on the lineup and then adjust that part of the schedule. Those are critical decisions and if indeed they only have about 48 hours from now to do that, well, thats stressful.

Again, as its been said, theyre fortunate to have time to make a decision. So the easiest route is to leave it as a TBA and you bought yourself a couple weeks and can make a more informed choice.

We havent even gotten to covid related stuff yet. Wanna tell me they wouldnt be stressed if McCartney got it a few days before the fest? 

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Trust me, theyre stressed. Nobody is immune to that sort of thing at all. If the schedule and full poster is to go live on the 24th, you know they have to get the poster changed to match what is and isnt there? They have to decide on either leaving Doja's spot as tba or to put somebody in there brand new or shuffle around acts that are on the lineup and then adjust that part of the schedule. Those are critical decisions and if indeed they only have about 48 hours from now to do that, well, thats stressful.

Again, as its been said, theyre fortunate to have time to make a decision. So the easiest route is to leave it as a TBA and you bought yourself a couple weeks and can make a more informed choice.

We havent even gotten to covid related stuff yet. Wanna tell me they wouldnt be stressed if McCartney got it a few days before the fest? 

If they are stressed it will just be part and parcel of the normal stresses and strains of running a festival. I would say because of COVID they are probably more prepared for this than ever. I am sure they have plenty of backup plans ready to go. If they said TBA on that slot for a while nobody would mind. I suspect plenty of acts are playing lower down than expected and would be able to change. 

With thousands of acts on the bill they will expect a couple of cancellations like this every year. 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

McCartney isn't an artist that 90% of the festival isn't bothered about.