Doja Cat cancels

FloorFiller

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I find it very funny that when one of the most mainstream / gen Z acts pulls out the first thought is “ah good time to book Simply Red”.

never change efestivals. 

Was the first band I thought of maybe the manics ?  

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dua and The Killers are in very different positions so it's not like for like.

I agree George Ezra could go on the shortlist.

Dave I don't see for the same reason as Dua - he'll have his eyes on a bigger prize.

Tbh I think if anyone is going to be drafted in or given her slot it will be either Harry… or potentially Florence. 

I’m just trying to think whether they might ask a recent headliner back for a special slot as well… someone who isn’t that arsed about it because they’ve already done it. Stormzy?

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Tbh I think if anyone is going to be drafted in or given her slot it will be either Harry… or potentially Florence. 

I’m just trying to think whether they might ask a recent headliner back for a special slot as well… someone who isn’t that arsed about it because they’ve already done it. Stormzy?

I think there's an element of relief that @Matt42turned up in this discussion. The bumped up subs were doing their best to fill the gap in the itinerary, but it wasn't the same 😘

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

just thought of the one im sure Matt would be all over, Silk Sonic. They have a break in their residency after next week til August. Bruno Mars said they turned down Coachella cause he said there wasnt enough time to make a show. They would have a month now.

Now you’re talking! Silk Sonic would be an incredible booking. A must see for me. Can’t see it, sadly. 

• Upvote 1

This is bad news, I'm pretty disappointed, especially as all the realistic mooted replacements are dodgy burger van at the back of the Other Stage level of ropeyness compared to Doja Cat's Burger Bear greatness.

13 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

At this point they could probably swap a few around to make the subs Noel Gallagher and 2 of Wolf Alice/Lorde/Elbow/Sam Fender and then maybe fill the 3rd down slot with someone like The Specials who I think were doing that slot in 2020.

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Sam Fender makes the most sense as a bump up imo, especially if he’s still in that third down Other slot we heard of.

I can't see that Fender was as low as 3rd Other in the end but I see it being Wolf Alice bumped up if they were 3rd and Fender slotting into the 3rd place.

To save me typing it every time she's mentioned in any thread, forever more, in any context.

Florence can fuck off all the way over there and then fuck off a little bit more. And keep going. No. No.No.  Unconscionable.

She's got all the self-awareness of Nadine Dorries and the all the unwarranted self-belief of Boris Johnson. And about as in touch with real life as Richi Sunak. In fact, I'll bet good money it was her music playing at all those Downing Street lockdown parties.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

To save me typing it every time she's mentioned in any thread, forever more, in any context.

Florence can fuck off all the way over there and then fuck off a little bit more. And keep going. No. No.No.  Unconscionable.

She's got all the self-awareness of Nadine Dorries and the all the unwarranted self-belief of Boris Johnson. And about as in touch with real life as Richi Sunak. In fact, I'll bet good money it was her music playing at all those Downing Street lockdown parties.

Care to explain why to an out-of-the-loop poster like me?

I find her music awful, her personality worse, every interview I've seen drives me up the wall. All opinion of course, not attempting to change your mind, but there's something about her that really really riles me up. Can't think of anybody else in contemporary music I find anywhere near as banal while masquerading as deep

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I find her music awful, her personality worse, every interview I've seen drives me up the wall. All opinion of course, not attempting to change your mind, but there's something about her that really really riles me up. Can't think of anybody else in contemporary music I find anywhere near as banal while masquerading as deep

My Adele then. Cant stand any noise emitted from her cake hole

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Good to see you’ve toned things down these days 🙂 

It ain't going to be anyone who has recently headlined. I also think there is plenty of time to get in a replacement, it doesn't need to be the same genre as it's not like they are lacking in similar stuff (to my old ears at least).

We don't even know for sure where she was playing do we? Neil has her down on Sunday and the info out yesterday sounds like Elbow are the sub. So after D Rod? There are a multitude of acts that could fill that slot, just book one more act who are at main stage level and shuffle a few things around.

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

Simply Red all the way. Greatest hits set. Amazing

Let's pray it never comes to that.

Hats off to @Mardy for those top drawer levels of bile though.  That's the best diss towards any act that I can recall and my partner would wholeheartedly endorse it - if Florence comes on anything in this house she would soon tell me to hit mute, next, whatever and will simultaneously express some expletives.