Fontaines DC

BL1ND T1G3R

Cannot stop listening to the new Fontaines DC album and I’m pretty sure they’ve gone straight to the top of my must see acts at Glastonbury this year.

I missed them in 2019 in the JP tent and looking back on You Tube it looked insane.

On the AtoZ tab it shows them playing on The Park, day TBC, but since The Park poster has been announced and they weren’t on there, any ideas where they’ll end up ???

Depends who you ask but I reckon the the big one will probably be either sub Other or even possibly headline JP.

But also they’ll just play everywhere. They played 4 sets in 2019. I went to 3. The hardest working band in the biz. Heres the fontaines thread.

35 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Depends who you ask but I reckon the the big one will probably be either sub Other or even possibly headline JP.

But also they’ll just play everywhere. They played 4 sets in 2019. I went to 3. The hardest working band in the biz. Heres the fontaines thread.

I don't think they'll play multiple sets this time now they're an established act? Happy to be proved wrong though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Slightly off topic, but I'm on the hunt for a ticket for their Sheffield gig this coming Friday - if anyone happens to hear of one knocking about

Keep an eye on bear tree records twitter. They sometimes put last minute tickets on a couple of days before! Hope you get some

• Like 1

Not trying to be controversial or anything, but I don't get the hype. I've listened to quite a bit of their output and other than maybe 2 songs it sounds very samey and not at all exciting.  Get that all art is personal taste but it's rare that a new band hits the scene, causes a stir and I don't get it at all.  And the way 6Music bang on about them feels very "emperors new clothes".  Realise I'm in the minority (and therefore probably missing a trick) but do not get this at all.

5 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Not trying to be controversial or anything, but I don't get the hype. I've listened to quite a bit of their output and other than maybe 2 songs it sounds very samey and not at all exciting.  Get that all art is personal taste but it's rare that a new band hits the scene, causes a stir and I don't get it at all.  And the way 6Music bang on about them feels very "emperors new clothes".  Realise I'm in the minority (and therefore probably missing a trick) but do not get this at all.

That’s fine not every band is for everyone. I feel that way about some artists that people rave about but luckily there’s plenty of music to go around. I think they have gotten consistently better with each album. 

12 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Theyve one good tune.

14 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Is it too real for ya?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KidneyTerra said:

Funny isn’t it.  That’s the tune I’m looking forward to seeing all weekend.

Yep.  One of the things that I love about music (and comedy for that matter) is that it caters for such specific tastes and niches.  Even 1 degree of difference can make someone love something and another hate it.

58 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Yep.  One of the things that I love about music (and comedy for that matter) is that it caters for such specific tastes and niches.  Even 1 degree of difference can make someone love something and another hate it.

i'm with you on the Emperor's new clothes thing - i even saw em at Leftfield in 19 to give them a bash live, thinking it must be me missing something cos loads of people rave about em, and a couple of my mates are bang into em as well. Its just so by the numbers, there's not a single thing there to grab me. Like IDLES without the dumb big singalongs, basically *shakes head*