East campers - arriving late and joining friends?

blutarsky

I’m sure I read about this previously here, but can’t find the answer via search. 

My sister has an east campers ticket and is arriving on Tuesday. We also have an east ticket, but due to work, we won’t be arriving until Thursday morning/lunch. 

When my sister is pitching up, if she says she’s being joined by friends in another van, will they leave a pitch next to her van which we can then park in on Thursday? 

48 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

When my sister is pitching up, if she says she’s being joined by friends in another van, will they leave a pitch next to her van which we can then park in on Thursday? 

might work but the space will get hard to hold onto as the field fills up.

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I’m sure I read about this previously here, but can’t find the answer via search. 

My sister has an east campers ticket and is arriving on Tuesday. We also have an east ticket, but due to work, we won’t be arriving until Thursday morning/lunch. 

She would be better telling them that you are further behind in the queue. Then saving the space with either a drive away awning or tent and windbreakers.

20 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

She would be better telling them that you are further behind in the queue. Then saving the space with either a drive away awning or tent and windbreakers.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Thanks both 

6 minutes ago, paulshane said:

no chance I'm afraid, even if you leave a space, the stewards will just direct her to the nearest space.

@blutarsky Tell the stewards you had to leave the site and are returning if they try to park you up elsewhere., assuming the space next to your sister is still available. Use what3words app to navigate there.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Neil said:

Stewards are not keen on people saving spaces and you get parked where you land. Going be difficult with the 2 day gap between arrivals as it would be apparent from your ticket that you are new arrivals, ie not just popped out and back.

we have managed to keep a space twice in the past (me for a friend and then a friend for me) but that was only for later that day.... 

per @StoneCircletry a couple of tactics... "They are just further back in the queue" / "I need space for an awning and a tent.."

Otherwise, park badly... i.e if they ask you to leave a 4 foot gap from the van parked previously, park 8 feet away... (easier to do with a caravan tbf as they are more tricky to manoeuvre) this will give potential re-jigging space for later..

But if you do get a space... put a tent or something in there... otherwise it WILL be filled (people in T2's will be looking for any gaps)

when we park up we always try and have one enter nose first and the other reverse in. This means that your habitation doors are facing each other and you can use windbreakers to create a camp for central seating... If you start fannying around doing that first off stewards may leave you to it..  They line them up at a very fast rate and so are kept well busy..

Edited by BlueDaze

36 minutes ago, Matty123 said:

Campervan related question - are the passes despatched with our general admission tickets or separately? We have 2 in our group, but all made under separate booking references obviously. Thanks

They will arrive along with the ticket of whoever's details were used to buy them, so yours will arrive to wherever those 2 ticket addresses are. 

Thanks, so the 2 tickets will arrive at the address of the leadbooker, when all 6 General Admission are posted? 

sorry, my original post may have been misleading. The campervan tickets are all made under individual bookings, but the general admission tickets were all booked in the same group of 6 under one reference. So the 2 campervan tickets I assume will go to the leadbooker

Who completed the balance payments for all these tickets? If it was paid in 1 go, then I think the CV tickets will be sent to that person's address, attached to the tickets of the people who bought them (or whose reference number was used). 

By lead booker, do you mean the person who paid the deposit, or the person who paid the balance, as they can be different, and the tickets go to the latter. 

HTH. 

46 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Who completed the balance payments for all these tickets? If it was paid in 1 go, then I think the CV tickets will be sent to that person's address, attached to the tickets of the people who bought them (or whose reference number was used). 

By lead booker, do you mean the person who paid the deposit, or the person who paid the balance, as they can be different, and the tickets go to the latter. 

HTH. 

Yeah the latter. The lead booker paid our 6 balances in a one’r

Cheers