Supergrass, just me?

4AssedMonkey

I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan but definitely wouldn't mind seeing them as they had some great tunes out when I was in my youth.

Are we thinking T'Other stage?  Think they would be a great opener of the festival but I'm assuming that's being kept a secret.

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

And Moving. Just as good as anything on the first two records.

Moving is ace. One or two tracks on the "Rouen" record also fab. Very much a downward curve tho.

Nothing new from them since 2008? Very much tier 3 of 1990s bands, which is a shame.

Seen them 4 times since they got back together - including the comeback gig above a pub in Hackney! I watched that stood next to the drummer from Shed Seven (CLANG).

They replaced COVID-denier Richard Ashcroft as Tramlines Sunday headliners ... fair to say they weren't a pull for that crowd....   I'd been watching Everything Everything in the tent and could basically walk pretty much to the front.

image.png.a3d118c452731aac65735433929dd8a3.png

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Seen them 4 times since they got back together - including the comeback gig above a pub in Hackney! I watched that stood next to the drummer from Shed Seven (CLANG).

They replaced COVID-denier Richard Ashcroft as Tramlines Sunday headliners ... fair to say they weren't a pull for that crowd....   I'd been watching Everything Everything in the tent and could basically walk pretty much to the front.

image.png.a3d118c452731aac65735433929dd8a3.png

Lol. What is she looking at?

7 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Interestingly when we got engaged my husband's cousin knowing we didn't like the usual twee crap that tend to be given as gifts for such occasions bought us tickets to go and see Supergrass and they were supported by The Libertines. 

They are not a must see for me but they are a very happy to see!!

If they put some of their solo output in their set I'd be even happier. Gaz Coombs did some great stuff but Danny Goffey also had a really good album. 

That was an engagement present? Really? Remember it being a decent gig but damn my memory sucks 😄 

Another massive fan, saw them at glasto when they stood in for the libs. Several other times including 2 since they have reformed, they were great at latitude last year, such a fantastic feelgood set. I'll be there at glasto clashes permitting. 

Up there with pulp as one of the best britpop bands. 

They are not a "must see" for me, but that's only because I saw them at the Brixton Academy about 6 weeks ago. They've still got it, that's for sure, and quite the repertoire. A guaranteed hour of bangers - I'll still go along if there isn't a massive clash (there will be a massive clash). 

Ash played that night too, and were also tremendous.