Supergrass, just me?

4AssedMonkey

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's up there, bit I'm not sure any of their other songs are as good as Moving.

Would have liked to see them continue on in the direction they took on Road to Rouen, but they went all Muse-lite and then packed up. Good to see them back though, definitely on my must see list! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I always loved Supergrass back in "the day" and only got to see them once.  I was beyond excited that they got back together to tour and then Covid fucked that into a cocked hat.  They are one of my only 4 absolute must sees this year.

BUT

Almost nobody out of my mates, fellow Glasto goers, wife, colleagues etc. could give a flying shit. Searching here, seems no one gives a fuck either.  Is it just me?

53 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Don't know much by them other than the obvious songs, but enjoyed their IOW set on tv last year. Caught by the Fuzz went straight on a few of my playlists. Hoping to see them on the farm.

Was the same til I saw them at South Facing last year. Have since got really into them-  In it for the money is an incredible album, also loving the first album.  I'm very excited for them at Glastonbury. Really hope they play a later show and not something like the 11am slot

Edited by efcfanwirral

If me & my cousin were at Glasto this year, Supergrass would be our no.1 must see. Absolutely love them and I’ve seen them at venues and festivals all over the country over the last 25 years. 

My last gig before lockdown was the first of their Ally Pally gigs & they were on superb form. It was almost 10 years since we saw their last UK gig before they split.

I fully expected them to get a Park headline set like SFA in 2015 but it seems they will be elsewhere - I suspect Other, either the Friday opener or a sub-headliner. Hope they get a decent crowd. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

In 2004, The Libertines cancelled at short notice probably to do with drugs.  Then their replacement turned up, stopping the rain and making a rainbow appear and playing a storming set, including a very rousing acoustic version of Caught By The Fuzz.  Most excellent times were had by all.

Very true, it was a cracking moment and the evidence is here too...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

In 2004, The Libertines cancelled at short notice probably to do with drugs.  Then their replacement turned up, stopping the rain and making a rainbow appear and playing a storming set, including a very rousing acoustic version of Caught By The Fuzz.  Most excellent times were had by all.

Interestingly when we got engaged my husband's cousin knowing we didn't like the usual twee crap that tend to be given as gifts for such occasions bought us tickets to go and see Supergrass and they were supported by The Libertines. 

They are not a must see for me but they are a very happy to see!!

If they put some of their solo output in their set I'd be even happier. Gaz Coombs did some great stuff but Danny Goffey also had a really good album. 

46 minutes ago, Perks said:

Do we think they'll be Other opener?

I'll do me best to see them, always rock it, were class at Godiva last year too.

I really hope not. For whatever reason, that slot just never fits into what I want to be doing, and Supergrass are FAR too good to be over and done with by midday on the Friday! 

I reckon they'll be later afternoon on Other - the Liam G slot maybe from 2017 (2019?). 

First band I ever crowdsurfed too, waaaaaay back. 

Ben

Probably the band I had seen live the most when they originally split up. Really tempted to see them again but it depends on clashes as this year I am trying to stick to a plan of seeing bands I've never seen before. That plan will more than likely be tossed as soon as I walk through the gates though!!

They were always on my must see list and so was excited to see them opening the Obelisk Arena at Latitude on Saturday of last year.   

The crowd were well up for it as for most, it was one of the first live bands after the dark days of the lockdown.   Trouble was that they clearly weren't as excited to be there as most of the crowd ( you know that clip of when Cure were inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame....that!). 

True they were musically spot on - brilliant voice, tight band, brilliant sound.  It was just no banter with the crowd, no smiles of delight, seemingly just going through the motions.  Maybe it was because they were playing so early during the day, maybe they were just having a bad day, but they didn't match expectations on the day in terms of atmosphere.      

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I really hope not. For whatever reason, that slot just never fits into what I want to be doing, and Supergrass are FAR too good to be over and done with by midday on the Friday! 

Agreed, but James played it and i would've said the same about them.

Be interesting to see where they are. I'll do me best to be there