Supergrass, just me?

4AssedMonkey

I always loved Supergrass back in "the day" and only got to see them once.  I was beyond excited that they got back together to tour and then Covid fucked that into a cocked hat.  They are one of my only 4 absolute must sees this year.

BUT

Almost nobody out of my mates, fellow Glasto goers, wife, colleagues etc. could give a flying shit. Searching here, seems no one gives a fuck either.  Is it just me?

• Upvote 1

I was late to them to be honest.  Thought the debut album was average and hated Alright (still do).  Everything after that though was incredible.  Moving and Richard III are such great songs on every level.  Gaz Coombes solo stuff is also brilliant.  In fact, I'd say he's probably one of the most underrated songwriters of the last 25 years.  

4 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I was late to them to be honest.  Thought the debut album was average and hated Alright (still do).  Everything after that though was incredible.  Moving and Richard III are such great songs on every level.  Gaz Coombes solo stuff is also brilliant.  In fact, I'd say he's probably one of the most underrated songwriters of the last 25 years.  

Agreed. 

46 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I always loved Supergrass back in "the day" and only got to see them once.  I was beyond excited that they got back together to tour and then Covid fucked that into a cocked hat.  They are one of my only 4 absolute must sees this year.

BUT

Almost nobody out of my mates, fellow Glasto goers, wife, colleagues etc. could give a flying shit. Searching here, seems no one gives a fuck either.  Is it just me?

Definitely not just you. There’s 16 of our regular Glasto crew coming this year and every one of the will see Supergrass. Have seen them many times, always great. Gaz on his own in William’s Green back in 2014 (I think?) was great as well. Thoroughly looking forward to them! 

I almost saw them at Latitude last year but they were at midday after a late night, so I stayed at camp. Definitely would like to see them, Alright has to be one of my favourite songs of all time

They're on my "want to see" list rather than my "100% seeing" - really hope there's no clashes. A good handful of our group will be in the same boat. Saw them at Arctic Monkeys LCCC show in 2007 and they were bloody brilliant.

If I remember correctly the drummer looks weirdly like a young Macca.

On the barrier for their Roadmender Northampton gig early April and then saw Gaz Coombes at the Lexington in London a couple of weeks later. Both awesome gigs and will definitely be seeing them at Glastonbury too.

Edited by cdm22