Portaloo Escape Room

Justiceforcedave

2 minutes ago, Mr Gigpusher said:

My first was 2010 so deffo more recently than that 😄 

Turns out they have their own website and are still active! And may even pop up this time around too… I don’t recall seeing them for half of these.

Glastonbury Festival Of Performing Arts.

1999/ 2000/ 2002/ 2003/ 2004/ 2005/ 2007/2009/ 2011/ 2013/ 2017/ 2020(?!?)

3 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Turns out they have their own website and are still active! And may even pop up this time around too… I don’t recall seeing them for half of these.

Excellent! Will keep an eye out... maybe this year is the year 😄 

5 minutes ago, t0paz said:

its so small ive not spotted its there ..... 

15 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Look at the facts.

Brand new profile. Trying hard to be edgy. 

Don’t feed the trolls. 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/ignore/

Personally I think the portaloo escape room could be fun. If I’m passing and there’s no queue I’ll probably give it a go.

It’s just one of many mini adventures people can experience at the greatest festival around. 

Aye, don't know why I got sucked in, really.

3 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

I dont really see the point of this, Portaloos are generally to be avoided, unless you need a little bit of time to calm down from your acid trip. Celebrating them is odd, and kind of screams "look how quirky i can be!". If it rains, it will get messed up with mud as well. 

It was primarily made as a demonstration of quirkiness 🤷‍♂️

45 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

The only useful thing i can think of for a portaloo other than the obvious would be to pretend its some sort of installation and deal drugs out of it. Not create a tiresome 'experience' currently quite popular with young middle class gentrifiers in London. 

Wow you sound fun. 

Have a great festival.

For what it's worth, Dave's games in Brighton are among the best in the country. As a young middle-class gentrifier I've done a few hundred games and have every confidence this'll be good - am genuinely quite excited to see it. 

Point being, this isn't just some bloke with a "wacky" idea - there's background and experience here.

(There was a mini-escape room in Green Futures in 2019 also)

37 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

For what it's worth, Dave's games in Brighton are among the best in the country. As a young middle-class gentrifier I've done a few hundred games and have every confidence this'll be good - am genuinely quite excited to see it. 

Point being, this isn't just some bloke with a "wacky" idea - there's background and experience here.

(There was a mini-escape room in Green Futures in 2019 also)

I bet you've got sparkling wellies too? 

It's a great idea. I love an escape room. They are great for team building activities, it's a good way to discover someone's learning style and gain interesting insights in my experience. Lots of fun and there is always the post celebration or blame game in the pub.

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

Wow! I'm trying to work out when I've seen it there. I'm so confused. I think it came to Norwich once and I can't separate the two in my head. I am getting old 😂

13 minutes ago, Miesh said:

It's a great idea. I love an escape room. They are great for team building activities, it's a good way to discover someone's learning style and gain interesting insights in my experience. Lots of fun and there is always the post celebration or blame game in the pub.

"OK camp @Miesh we're going on a team building exercise.  Swallow this, drink that and then we're gonna see who can find their way out of the escape room and make it back to camp whilst still remembering who they are"

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

"OK camp @Miesh we're going on a team building exercise.  Swallow this, drink that and then we're gonna see who can find their way out of the escape room and make it back to camp whilst still remembering who they are"

Haha, sounds fun. I'm up for that 🤣