Portaloo Escape Room

Justiceforcedave

Hullo Efesters!

I'm going to be operating an escape room game in The Circus and Theatre field this year (Bella's field). The twist? It's inside a Portaloo.... it's called Portaclue: The T.U.R.D.I.S. (Toilet utilities requiring dexterity, intelligence & skill) and it would be wonderful to see some of you there! Thursday-Sunday 11am-7pm.

Note: It DOES NOT function as an actual toilet. It DOES have a disco ball 😆

image.thumb.png.846f0203d07cc77bd2704f41dc93a9a7.pngimage.thumb.png.22a203bdf4052b83e22634fa834b441a.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Hullo Efesters!

I'm going to be operating an escape room game in The Circus and Theatre field this year (Bella's field). The twist? It's inside a Portaloo.... it's called Portaclue: The T.U.R.D.I.S. (Toilet utilities requiring dexterity, intelligence & skill) and it would be wonderful to see some of you there! Thursday-Sunday 11am-7pm.

image.thumb.png.846f0203d07cc77bd2704f41dc93a9a7.pngimage.thumb.png.22a203bdf4052b83e22634fa834b441a.png

How many people can fit inside a portaloo ? 

5 hours ago, beefykoala said:

Do you have a contingency plan for if someone does use it as a toilet? 

Looks awesome BTW - is it a ticketed thing?

5 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Is this a turn up and queue situation or are you doing any kind of bookings? Or turn up and get given a time to come back?

We’ll take bookings in the morning for each day and recommend turning up when we open (11) but we’ll take walk ins for no shows and select slots. If you come and see us we’ll find a way you can play! 🙂

Games are under our watchful eye and the No 1 rule is “No number 2s” so no one will be using it as a legit toilet! 

Edited by Justiceforcedave
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

We’ll take bookings in the morning for each day and recommend turning up when we open (11) but we’ll take walk ins for no shows and select slots. If you come and see us we’ll find a way you can play! 🙂

Games are under our watchful eye and the No 1 rule is “No number 2s” so no one will be using it as a legit toilet! 

agh we are still on shift at 11 but if we're let off early one day we will try and swing by and book!

19 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Hullo Efesters!

Loving the disco ball & lighting, brilliant 😄

We'll be coming to have a go!

8 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

I dont really see the point of this, Portaloos are generally to be avoided, unless you need a little bit of time to calm down from your acid trip. Celebrating them is odd, and kind of screams "look how quirky i can be!". If it rains, it will get messed up with mud as well. 

0744F214-091C-49C2-BA68-05E69C6141AA.jpeg

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

I dont really see the point of this, Portaloos are generally to be avoided, unless you need a little bit of time to calm down from your acid trip. Celebrating them is odd, and kind of screams "look how quirky i can be!". If it rains, it will get messed up with mud as well. 

Couldn't think of a worse place to calm down from an acid trip than a portaloo.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

If someone can't solve the escape puzzle do you just leave them in there to rot indefinitely?

The floor opens up to a pit underneath where all the others are that have failed, slowly crushing the people at the bottom. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

Couldn't think of a worse place to calm down from an acid trip than a portaloo.

ah i dunno, its the only place you get where you can lock the door and you are on your own for a few minutes, its allows you to take stock. Plus maybe have a shite and a bump of gak just to steady yourself a little. 

22 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

It's an escape room, you find clues inside to help get you out, they're pretty popular at the moment. The portaloo theme doesn't scream 'quirky' to me, it seems like the most obvious choice for a small escape room at a festival.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

It's an escape room, you find clues inside to help get you out, they're pretty popular at the moment. The portaloo theme doesn't scream 'quirky' to me, it seems like the most obvious choice for a small escape room at a festival.

If somewhere you go to shit your rancid guts out after a heavy night is the 'most obvious choice' for an 'escape room', then you certainly are a super quirky guy 😆. Are you also one of these bonkers types that wears glittery wellies even if it isn't raining?