Jump to content

Portaloo Escape Room


Justiceforcedave
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hullo Efesters!

I'm going to be operating an escape room game in The Circus and Theatre field this year (Bella's field). The twist? It's inside a Portaloo.... it's called Portaclue: The T.U.R.D.I.S. (Toilet utilities requiring dexterity, intelligence & skill) and it would be wonderful to see some of you there! Thursday-Sunday 11am-7pm.

Note: It DOES NOT function as an actual toilet. It DOES have a disco ball 😆

image.thumb.png.846f0203d07cc77bd2704f41dc93a9a7.pngimage.thumb.png.22a203bdf4052b83e22634fa834b441a.png

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Hullo Efesters!

I'm going to be operating an escape room game in The Circus and Theatre field this year (Bella's field). The twist? It's inside a Portaloo.... it's called Portaclue: The T.U.R.D.I.S. (Toilet utilities requiring dexterity, intelligence & skill) and it would be wonderful to see some of you there! Thursday-Sunday 11am-7pm.

Note: It DOES NOT function as an actual toilet. It DOES have a disco ball 😆

image.thumb.png.846f0203d07cc77bd2704f41dc93a9a7.pngimage.thumb.png.22a203bdf4052b83e22634fa834b441a.png

How many people can fit inside a portaloo ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, beefykoala said:

Do you have a contingency plan for if someone does use it as a toilet? 

Looks awesome BTW - is it a ticketed thing?

5 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Is this a turn up and queue situation or are you doing any kind of bookings? Or turn up and get given a time to come back?

We’ll take bookings in the morning for each day and recommend turning up when we open (11) but we’ll take walk ins for no shows and select slots. If you come and see us we’ll find a way you can play! 🙂

Games are under our watchful eye and the No 1 rule is “No number 2s” so no one will be using it as a legit toilet! 

Edited by Justiceforcedave
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

We’ll take bookings in the morning for each day and recommend turning up when we open (11) but we’ll take walk ins for no shows and select slots. If you come and see us we’ll find a way you can play! 🙂

Games are under our watchful eye and the No 1 rule is “No number 2s” so no one will be using it as a legit toilet! 

agh we are still on shift at 11 but if we're let off early one day we will try and swing by and book!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I've just seen it's only about 15 minutes too, which is great. Not sure I would want to spend an hour in there if it's 2019 weather 😄 

At least it’s gonna be clean …. I hope 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Hullo Efesters!

I'm going to be operating an escape room game in The Circus and Theatre field this year (Bella's field). The twist? It's inside a Portaloo.... it's called Portaclue: The T.U.R.D.I.S. (Toilet utilities requiring dexterity, intelligence & skill) and it would be wonderful to see some of you there! Thursday-Sunday 11am-7pm.

Note: It DOES NOT function as an actual toilet. It DOES have a disco ball 😆

image.thumb.png.846f0203d07cc77bd2704f41dc93a9a7.pngimage.thumb.png.22a203bdf4052b83e22634fa834b441a.png

Loving the disco ball & lighting, brilliant 😄

We'll be coming to have a go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont really see the point of this, Portaloos are generally to be avoided, unless you need a little bit of time to calm down from your acid trip. Celebrating them is odd, and kind of screams "look how quirky i can be!". If it rains, it will get messed up with mud as well. 

  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

I dont really see the point of this, Portaloos are generally to be avoided, unless you need a little bit of time to calm down from your acid trip. Celebrating them is odd, and kind of screams "look how quirky i can be!". If it rains, it will get messed up with mud as well. 

 

0744F214-091C-49C2-BA68-05E69C6141AA.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Looking at those pics I’m guessing you’re going to have to go fishing in the toilet bowl for clues. Could get interesting late in the day. 

* adds surgical cloves to the packing list *

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

I dont really see the point of this, Portaloos are generally to be avoided, unless you need a little bit of time to calm down from your acid trip. Celebrating them is odd, and kind of screams "look how quirky i can be!". If it rains, it will get messed up with mud as well. 

Couldn't think of a worse place to calm down from an acid trip than a portaloo.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

If someone can't solve the escape puzzle do you just leave them in there to rot indefinitely?

The floor opens up to a pit underneath where all the others are that have failed, slowly crushing the people at the bottom. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

Couldn't think of a worse place to calm down from an acid trip than a portaloo.

ah i dunno, its the only place you get where you can lock the door and you are on your own for a few minutes, its allows you to take stock. Plus maybe have a shite and a bump of gak just to steady yourself a little. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

I dont really see the point of this, Portaloos are generally to be avoided, unless you need a little bit of time to calm down from your acid trip. Celebrating them is odd, and kind of screams "look how quirky i can be!". If it rains, it will get messed up with mud as well. 

It's an escape room, you find clues inside to help get you out, they're pretty popular at the moment. The portaloo theme doesn't scream 'quirky' to me, it seems like the most obvious choice for a small escape room at a festival.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

The floor opens up to a pit underneath where all the others are that have failed, slowly crushing the people at the bottom. 

The floor opens up to a long drop pit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

It's an escape room, you find clues inside to help get you out, they're pretty popular at the moment. The portaloo theme doesn't scream 'quirky' to me, it seems like the most obvious choice for a small escape room at a festival.

If somewhere you go to shit your rancid guts out after a heavy night is the 'most obvious choice' for an 'escape room', then you certainly are a super quirky guy 😆. Are you also one of these bonkers types that wears glittery wellies even if it isn't raining? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...