The Park 2022

Suprefan

30 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Wet Leg is going to be really busy isn’t it? 

Thinking of doing the Wet Leg x Confidence Man one two. 

Yep that’s what I’m doing, although heading to the Park straight after Libertines to make sure I actually get a good speck. 

Poor Orlando Weeks - just gonna be playing to a bunch of Wet Leg fans.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yep that’s what I’m doing, although heading to the Park straight after Libertines to make sure I actually get a good speck. 

Our plans exactly. Think we'll have a lot of competition for this 'good speck' 🙂

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I was "definitely" going to watch Libs, then Ziggy Marley popped up and I'm genuinely torn between the two.

Either way will walk over to The Park afterwards. 

2 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Our plans exactly. Think we'll have a lot of competition for this 'good speck' 🙂

I don’t think it’ll be too bad at that time… or at least, not so bad that I’m way up the hill or anything silly like that. Just as long as I can actually see them I’ll be okay with that; not expecting to be up front or anything. 

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I was "definitely" going to watch Libs, then Ziggy Marley popped up and I'm genuinely torn between the two.

Either way will walk over to The Park afterwards. 

This is my situation. Kae on after The Libs might swing it but I really want to see Ziggy. 

Also, not actually looking forward to Wet Leg that much given how busy it could be be, couple with being a bit disappointed with them in Leeds. But I appreciate how stupid that may sound. 

23 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Also, not actually looking forward to Wet Leg that much given how busy it could be be, couple with being a bit disappointed with them in Leeds. But I appreciate how stupid that may sound. 

Tbh I was ready to completely avoid Wet Leg, but considering there isn’t really anything im bothered about seeing in the lead up to them I figured I might as well get there early for a classic Glastonbury ‘moment’ if you will. Usually not one to get suckered in to that kind of thing, but reckon them on the Park early-ish doors on the first  day will be a banger.

edit: and Confidence Man is gonna be one of the sets of the weekend so there’s that also.

Edited by FloorFiller

11 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Pretty much yeah.  Stone Roses/Smiths/Charlatans etc.  It's great, but if you need a piss and leave the tent you're not getting back in.  I think they're creeping it earlier every year to try and reduce the crowds slightly.  It was on pretty late originally then 2014 (I think) was absolute carnage.  About 10-15 people deep outside the tent and completely crammed inside.

In 2019 there were plenty of people outside the tent singing along, so wouldn't say it matters if u are in the tent or not really.

53 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbh I was ready to completely avoid Wet Leg, but considering there isn’t really anything im bothered about seeing in the lead up to them I figured I might as well get there early for a classic Glastonbury ‘moment’ if you will. Usually not one to get suckered in to that kind of thing, but reckon them on the Park early-ish doors on the first  day will be a banger.

edit: and Confidence Man is gonna be one of the sets of the weekend so there’s that also.

It’s Confidence Man straight after which makes Wet Leg more tempting! 

Loose plan of Wolf Alice - IDLES - Sam Fender - Little Simz means a lot of moving about the latter part of the day, so sticking in one place for a few hours early doors is appealing. 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

This is my situation. Kae on after The Libs might swing it but I really want to see Ziggy. 

It’s the extra 45 minutes in bed which could swing it for Ziggy for me! 

Libs will be a killer start to the festival though.