The Park 2022

Suprefan

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

I think there may well be a few things that take my fancy there this year! To be honest, there's just nothing that's been on in the years I've been that has taken my fancy so I've never bothered watching something up there as it's a bit of a trek. I've been there on the Wednesday/Thursday though.

There's no way I'm missing ConMan this year though! I really can't wait. They're one of only 6 acts on the entire lineup that I actively want to see so the rest I'm just gonna follow my mates and watch what they want to watch.

Remember, as with all Glastonbury, the line up is only part of it 😉

Also I've seen several things there I wasn't that fussed about per se, but actually they were fabulous. 

Also if you're on site Wednesday or Thursday you could just go there for a bit to check it out, as on those nights it's one of the highlights 😊

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Remember, as with all Glastonbury, the line up is only part of it 😉

Also I've seen several things there I wasn't that fussed about per se, but actually they were fabulous. 

Also if you're on site Wednesday or Thursday you could just go there for a bit to check it out, as on those nights it's one of the highlights 😊

Yeah, exactly. Normally I just try to stick to the areas of things I want to see on Friday-Sunday, so I can normally be found around Pyramid, Other or JP aread but this year I think I'm gonna be exploring a bit more.

The only things on the lineup I actively want to watch are Billie, Macca, ConMan, Charli XCX, Kurupt FM and Glass Animals so at the very least I'll be making my Park and Arcadia debuts... But really I'm just gonna follow the crowd and let the weekend happen.

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

Yeah, exactly. Normally I just try to stick to the areas of things I want to see on Friday-Sunday, so I can normally be found around Pyramid, Other or JP aread but this year I think I'm gonna be exploring a bit more.

The only things on the lineup I actively want to watch are Billie, Macca, ConMan, Charli XCX, Kurupt FM and Glass Animals so at the very least I'll be making my Park and Arcadia debuts... But really I'm just gonna follow the crowd and let the weekend happen.

Yeah, there can be some great fun to be had at West Holts too, which isn't far from where you normally are 😉

I know it's very early days and timings aren't confirmed  and nailed down etc etc, but taking the clashfinder as a very rough guide, it looks like everything I'd want to see at the Park is a likely clash - apart from Gabriels on Sunday.  I love the Park and usually spend a good amount of time up there so that might feel a bit odd.

54 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Baggy Mondays at 3pm on Thursday seems a little bit earlier than previously. Gonna be absolute carnage around there for that. 

I was thinking just that...but then got too excited by the Purple Rave with RDB at 7pm-ish...that's gonna go off for sure!

i know that the saturday night headline slots other than macca are a bit of a poisoned chalice anyway, but is anybody else as surprised as i am to see jessie ware so far up the billing - i don't think she would be big enough to headline it even if you rolled back the clock 10 years.. strange one for me.

11 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

i know that the saturday night headline slots other than macca are a bit of a poisoned chalice anyway, but is anybody else as surprised as i am to see jessie ware so far up the billing - i don't think she would be big enough to headline it even if you rolled back the clock 10 years.. strange one for me.

She's on the up and up since releasing What's Your Pleasure?  Her tour is going to some decent sized venues.

24 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's on the up and up since releasing What's Your Pleasure?  Her tour is going to some decent sized venues.

Yup she’s bigger now than ever. A strange choice for a Park headliner I must admit, especially with Roisin up against her on Holts doing similar disco tinged thing (genuinely baffling clash, that one), but she’s not too small for it and will pull a decent crowd. 

51 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I’m gutted because I really wanted to see both her and Roisin and The Park does feel a slightly odd choice for her but I hope she does well and I can enjoy it on the iPlayer afterwards. 

12 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

7:00-8:30pm in 2014
7:30-9pm in 2017
5:00-6:30pm in 2019

Really looking forward to kicking off the 60th Anniversary Glastonbury festival with Baggy Mondays at 10.00 on the Wednesday morning

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

How easy/difficult is it to get near the front of a sub when turning up right before the act starts? 

Trying to decide if I need to leave Pheobe early to get a good spot for Khruangbin

I don’t think you’ll have too much trouble with that at the Park tbh, but then I may be underestimating how strong Khruangbin’s appeal is.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t think you’ll have too much trouble with that at the Park tbh, but then I may be underestimating how strong Khruangbin’s appeal is.

I doubt itll be an issue with them of all acts. Not somebody you need to be up front for per say. But it doesnt hurt.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Also, I’ve never done Baggy Mondays but gonna make sure I’m there this year after seeing it constantly brought up as a must do on here! What kind of music/vibe are we talking? 90’s indie and the like?

Pretty much yeah.  Stone Roses/Smiths/Charlatans etc.  It's great, but if you need a piss and leave the tent you're not getting back in.  I think they're creeping it earlier every year to try and reduce the crowds slightly.  It was on pretty late originally then 2014 (I think) was absolute carnage.  About 10-15 people deep outside the tent and completely crammed inside.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Pretty much yeah.  Stone Roses/Smiths/Charlatans etc.  It's great, but if you need a piss and leave the tent you're not getting back in.  I think they're creeping it earlier every year to try and reduce the crowds slightly.  It was on pretty late originally then 2014 (I think) was absolute carnage.  About 10-15 people deep outside the tent and completely crammed inside.

I don’t really see how it being on earlier is gonna make it less busy as there’s surely less competition at other venues earlier in the day. Will have to be on the ball and arrive fairly early then I guess!

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t really see how it being on earlier is gonna make it less busy as there’s surely less competition at other venues earlier in the day. Will have to be on the ball and arrive fairly early then I guess!

Later on Thursday = more have arrived on site, people are drunker and want a dance/sing along, people less likely to be chilling in the sun.  Just a theory of course.....