The Park 2022

Suprefan

6 hours ago, dougal1 said:

Surprised at Avalanches being lower down but will be a great daytime boogie. Highly recommend - one of the best gigs I saw last year, such euphoric dreamy dance music! 

Do we have any info on what day they’re playing? In my top 3 and my other two are Sunday (Kendrick and Turnstile), fingers crossed for no clashes. 

It’s such a shame all of their UK shows clash with glasto 😭

52 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Do we have any info on what day they’re playing? In my top 3 and my other two are Sunday (Kendrick and Turnstile), fingers crossed for no clashes. 

It’s such a shame all of their UK shows clash with glasto 😭

We know they are Saturday and based on their billing on the poster it looks like they will be 3rd last. Around 6pm 

10 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

We know they are Saturday and based on their billing on the poster it looks like they will be 3rd last. Around 6pm 

Jessie Ware, Mitski and Big Thief are all playing Saturday according to their tour dates, so looking like they are probably 4th down. Which is probably about quarter past 6ish. Most likely to clash with HAIM on Pyramid but that's about all we know.

51 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Love that.

There’s loads of their songs on YouTube, what else of theirs do you recommend, cheers.

Well this is my favourite one, at a great little Aussie festival Golden Plains.

I love her languid dis-affectedness. Playing up to a stereotype very recognisable in stuck up wealthy Sydney culture. (As close as we get to a Sloane I guess)

I mean she can't really sing, and the song isn't great and yet it's somehow euphoric.

Edited by BlackZeppelin

11 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Well this is my favourite one, at a great little Aussie festival Golden Plains.

I love her languid dis-affectedness. Playing up to a stereotype very recognisable in stuck up wealthy Sydney culture. (As close as we get to a Sloane I guess)

I mean she can't really sing, and the song isn't great and yet it's somehow euphoric.

Such a great song. The latest album is really starting to grow on me now as well 🙂

On 5/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, gigpusher said:

Some great stuff there. Yasmin Williams is a very happy surprise addition for me. Really hope I can catch Pete Paphides chat as well. Broken Greek is one of the best books I've read in the last 3 years. 

On 5/19/2022 at 6:26 PM, Acid_Haze said:

So as day splits go it's looking like this?

Sunday: Courtney Barnett, Jarv Is..., Saint Etienne, Cate le Bon, Squid, Warmduscher, Orlando Weeks, Yasmin Williams

On 5/19/2022 at 10:15 PM, Watergirl said:

Would love to see Yasmin Williams if the schedule allows.

I hadn't even heard of her, but doing my customary preparation of putting @Brave Sir Robin 's playlist on random and listening out for anything which catches my ear and therefore should go in the clashfinder. 

Normally I'd be looking out for things which you can have a bit of a dance or rock out to, but bloody hell she sounds incredible! 

For anyone else who hasn't seen her, she's got a channel on youtube with some beautiful videos, but seeing her play for the first time is great, simply marvelling at how she does it...

She's included in Music Radar's "10 best acoustic guitarists in the world right now, as decided by you"
https://www.musicradar.com/news/best-acoustic-guitarist-2021-world

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I hadn't even heard of her, but doing my customary preparation of putting @Brave Sir Robin 's playlist on random and listening out for anything which catches my ear and therefore should go in the clashfinder. 

Normally I'd be looking out for things which you can have a bit of a dance or rock out to, but bloody hell she sounds incredible! 

For anyone else who hasn't seen her, she's got a channel on youtube with some beautiful videos, but seeing her play for the first time is great, simply marvelling at how she does it...

She's included in Music Radar's "10 best acoustic guitarists in the world right now, as decided by you"

Wow. Just….wow. 😮

I've never been to watch anyone at The Park despite this being my 5th Glasto... I'm so glad Confidence Man will be there this year though! I saw them at Kentish Town Forum a few weeks ago and it was the most fun I've had at a gig all year

32 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Bloody love her. I loved Urban Driftwood so much I spent months searching for the album on vinyl. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I've never been to watch anyone at The Park despite this being my 5th Glasto... I'm so glad Confidence Man will be there this year though! I saw them at Kentish Town Forum a few weeks ago and it was the most fun I've had at a gig all year

It's lovely, you really need to - the layout of the stage versus the audience is better than so many, they've always got some great food stalls and bars. 

If you're really lucky you can even sit in one of the covered benches for a bit of shade. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

It's lovely, you really need to - the layout of the stage versus the audience is better than so many, they've always got some great food stalls and bars. 

If you're really lucky you can even sit in one of the covered benches for a bit of shade. 

I think there may well be a few things that take my fancy there this year! To be honest, there's just nothing that's been on in the years I've been that has taken my fancy so I've never bothered watching something up there as it's a bit of a trek. I've been there on the Wednesday/Thursday though.

There's no way I'm missing ConMan this year though! I really can't wait. They're one of only 6 acts on the entire lineup that I actively want to see so the rest I'm just gonna follow my mates and watch what they want to watch.