The Park 2022

Suprefan

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Disappointed that the acts you like are promoted to a bigger audience and that the grapevine is too good? 

Oh to have such problems 😉

Realistically it means they’re playing a larger stage instead of an act I might otherwise have been interested in and they’ve been replaced with acts on the Park that I’m not that fussed about. I could’ve had two acts to choose from now it’s just the one. First world problems.

Anyone know if Michael Shuman of Mini  Mansions/QOTSA (assuming its him at the Rabbit Hole) has done anything solo elsewhere before or whether he will be doing his GLU residency thing he has mentioned on Instagram? Can't find anything much elsewhere!

3 hours ago, stuie said:

It’s a stunning poster design… probably the best one so far this year. The Park could really be a festival on its own! 

Yep my favourite poster so far. Line up is great, would be a top festival in itself. 

3 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Whatever does “The Lotus Burn - The Spinney” mean?

in farming a spinney refers to a small group of trees

Quite excited about this.... 2 new bars or mini venues?!

The spinney could be in the trees between above the park and the staff camping? Or next to crows nest? 

Maybe lotus burn is where wormhole was?

1 hour ago, leath02 said:

Cant believe I left my computer for the afternoon and missed all of this

Honestly think this an outstanding lineup when considered with Stonebridge, could be a festival all on its own

Kudos to Emily on this

Is Stonebridge going to have any live sets on with the new tent? Floating Points is excellent live, hopefully not just a DJ set.

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is Stonebridge going to have any live sets on with the new tent? Floating Points is excellent live, hopefully not just a DJ set.

Nah I imagine it’s all still just DJ sets. Even with the increased size it’ll still be a tiny tent so I don’t think it’s gonna warrant any electronic acts doing their full thing.

17 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I'm right in thinking there are no screens here aren't I? Kinda affects the appeal of any of the bigger acts here as unless you get there early its a waste of time innit?

I like Park without screens - makes it more of a personal experience somehow, but yeah - no idea what anyone at the back for Foals were getting out of it.

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I like Park without screens - makes it more of a personal experience somehow, but yeah - no idea what anyone at the back for Foals were getting out of it.

One of my best ever Glastonbury sets is still Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood secret set in 2010. I was behind the sound desk and couldn't see a thing but it was magical with people singing Karma Police for about half an hour after they had finished. Whilst some acts do put on a great visual show etc it is mainly about atmosphere and the music especially on The Park stage 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Whatever does “The Lotus Burn - The Spinney” mean?

in farming a spinney refers to a small group of trees

The Lotus Burn might be named for Ashton Lotus Wajuga Launcherley maybe? The news story is the only thing I find when I Google "Lotus Burn Glastonbury".