Country Music 2022

watsonjm

Looking for a bit of a steer really.   Started listening to Country music over the lock downs - mostly Brothers Osborne and Luke Combs.  Neither of these are playing so looking for any suggestions of country acts that I almost certainty wont realise are country?  

From years gone by I don't recall there being much of of country presence (outside of Dolly)

22 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Kacey should be a good set. Hoping she plays a fair few from her first two records, as they were more country. Though Golden Hour was great too, just a different sound. Haven’t listened to the latest one really; need to get on it. 

Golden Hour is a modern classic. The new one has its moments but was a definite step down, so really hope she doesn't dominate the setlist with it.

57 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Miley's set was one of the most unexpected / ludicrous/ entertaining hours to ever hit El Pointo. It could only have been improved by her auld yin busting out Achy Breaky Heart.

It was mad, although I had had one too many ciders in the sun by this time which might also explain it 😂

There’s a duo called ward Thomas playing, I want to say field of Avalon (may be wrong) they’re not Luke combs type and not everybody’s taste but they do class themselves as “pop-country” and have a few catchy songs.
 Then as somebody said the shires and Kacey are also decent to see.