How is the ground on site ? ;-)

Funkyfairy!

9 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

19th June

T-3

The current weather and ground conditions in Pilton are :
*  HFH records 13.3 degrees at 0829 with humidity at 87%. Consequent tent conditions - sunlight streaming through your flaps, getting less moist in the sunshine.

* RAM jam jar is active. Todays duckometer reading is 3.0 mm. Last night saw the first rainfall in 10 days, enough to make a scientist panic. Ducky is still touching RAM jam’s bottom.

* Diver is disappointed at the lack of wet rubber action.

* The crowd now thinks it may be Green Day.

* Current wind condition - fresh breeze.  Miss Pat is currently reading North Wootton. High level Ci,  2 okta.

* Sticky stick has applied for his old position. CV on file, currently no work. Ground condition is Chocolate coated flapjack.

* Arlo creates a visceral representation of Fred the Giraffe’s struggles.

0104077F-DB03-435C-AB2D-F76F6DF4FD74.thumb.jpeg.b2928b4cabf62d90bd0b1beb30c6fb35.jpegABF6C8C7-A05A-4267-ADF1-54F2A4ED26BD.thumb.jpeg.84b186092df369b4563e2c511bc211ff.jpeg022BE36E-F381-46E0-8246-5A3FD8831851.thumb.jpeg.1d2849d1b16e7589658238fdb55529fd.jpeg

Would the duck cause a little water displacement? Maybe negligible 

Been round the corner all weekend and was up the Tor earlier. Visibility a bloody long way. Ground conditions no worse than damp grass. Tracks not in the slightest bit dusty but I wouldn’t be needing studs if I was playing footy put it that way. 

1 minute ago, Flysheet said:

Been round the corner all weekend and was up the Tor earlier. Visibility a bloody long way. Ground conditions no worse than damp grass. Tracks not in the slightest bit dusty but I wouldn’t be needing studs if I was playing footy put it that way. 

We were up the Tor this afternoon , a bit of light rain and some wind but the site was well visible. 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

We were up the Tor this afternoon , a bit of light rain and some wind but the site was well visible. 

Was the bloody drummer there?

You could see across the Bristol Channel so  I think that’s far enough 

18 hours ago, fred quimby said:

No embarrassing fan girl stuff going on from you  I hope 😃

Hugh would absolutely love it if @deebeedoobee started fangirling him. He's never been known to shy away from attention. Ask him to play a song when you pick up your Nepalese curry and he'll be on the roof of the stall playing original (not pirate) material before you can say Nana Jones' Bread & Butter Pudding. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Presented for your viewing pleasure, the Monday morning round up of the cumulative rainfall for Pilton in June 2022, including data from the past weekend of "Trans-Atlantic low pressure rainstorm hell" (@The Nal™️).

As the statistician of the thread, it gives me great joy that there is bugger all data to analyse, although it has left me feeling somewhat redundant. 

image.png.8cf81064ccd9ea5daaa915ef601bf5fb.png

20th June

T-2

The current weather and ground conditions in Pilton are :
*  HFH records 18.7 degrees at 0952 with humidity at 76%. Consequent tent conditions - hot, bright and you smell, but you just don’t care.

* RAM jam jar is dormant again. Todays duckometer reading is 0.0 mm. The small amount of rain we have had over the last 12 hours is negligible, having been evaporated by the sunshine. Ducky back to trawling Grindr. 

* Diver is practicing his DiRo flash mob dance.

* The crowd is at full strength. Short people in trouble.

* Current wind condition - fresh breeze.  Miss Pat is currently reading Dulcote Waste Recycling centre. Harry ginners,  0 okta.

* Sticky stick has applied for universal credit and is looking for a lift to the food bank. Ground condition is Glastonbury - on - Sea rock.

* Arlo depicts a modern day love story of 2 bears fighting societal disapproval.

2D6F3DD4-1C07-4516-BC0C-5B4FA21F71EC.thumb.jpeg.eb349e3e663abe5c49e4f979903ce0aa.jpeg434B0CC5-30F9-4538-82F5-1C118CC839C7.thumb.jpeg.bb3cbe8257211ac92702b0bcd3fc9343.jpeg5BD1D3AC-8E1C-4351-A06B-4CC49A1834A9.thumb.jpeg.f84e75ccfed754123141d5bc09cef5e2.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 14

So...for those with expertise and experience in such matters... how much rain can a bone dry Worthy Farm take on a Friday/Sat/Sun of festival before it becomes a mudbath?  

(Feel free to send me packing to the weather thread if you feel this is bringing (bogging) us down)

Edited by Ed90

9 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

So...for those with expertise and experience in such matters... how much rain can a bone dry Worthy Farm take on a Friday/Sat/Sun of festival before it becomes a mudbath?  

(Feel free to send me packing to the weather thread if you feel this is bringing (bogging) us down)

2.5 eggcups.

Seriously it depends on the amount in a time frame. So if its a months rain in 1 hour we are in for mud. The land cant soak it up that quickly with 3000,000 people walking on it. But 1 minths rain over the whole 5 days is more manageable for the ground. Yesterday we had a little drizzle here and there, but the sun zapped it up good and proper.

More detail available on the weather thread where they give more than 2 shits/ more paranoid than us on here.😀😎

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

Worst case at this stage and this far out is realistically that you'll get surface mud from the combination of dust and footfall. Quite slick and a bit splattery, but looks way worse than it is. If it keeps pinging it down continuously from now until we all go home then by Sunday it'll be a slog, but that's all looking really unlikely. In the times I've been only 2016 sticks in my head as being "a muddy year" and the ground was absolutely saturated before we got anywhere near it. I'd completely forgotten it had rained in 2017 for example, but apparently it did! So it's really unlikely to be bad.

Tl;dr it'll be golden. Keep the faith 🙂

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

we run on the farm all year round and even when it is feckin it down in January, the tracks stay hard as Chuck Norris. There is so much hardcore put down, a process that was continuing throughout May and June, that the tracks are solid.  Off track Quark is right that top slop happens but it would take a serious amount of wet to change anything.  And that won't happen.

Mudbath is overused so ignore the doom mongers and come to the light side.  There will be weather, you will deal with it whatever weather that is.

• Like 1

No worries!  They've also invested so much in improved drainage and the like over the years that pretty much whatever happens it's incredibly unlikely that the worst of the mud memories from the 90s and early 00s will remain just that, memories.

35 minutes ago, Quark said:

If it keeps pinging it down continuously from now until we all go home then by Sunday it'll be a slog, but that's all looking really unlikely.

At the risk of being a bit weather thread, this is the forecast. Even the worst of it on Saturday is only 20% chance of showers, for half the day. 

image.thumb.png.5196c45b2ef04743938a3d88cf343537.png