How is the ground on site ? ;-)

Funkyfairy!

19th June

T-3

The current weather and ground conditions in Pilton are :
*  HFH records 13.3 degrees at 0829 with humidity at 87%. Consequent tent conditions - sunlight streaming through your flaps, getting less moist in the sunshine.

* RAM jam jar is active. Todays duckometer reading is 3.0 mm. Last night saw the first rainfall in 10 days, enough to make a scientist panic. Ducky is still touching RAM jam’s bottom.

* Diver is disappointed at the lack of wet rubber action.

* The crowd now thinks it may be Green Day.

* Current wind condition - fresh breeze.  Miss Pat is currently reading North Wootton. High level Ci,  2 okta.

* Sticky stick has applied for his old position. CV on file, currently no work. Ground condition is Chocolate coated flapjack.

* Arlo creates a visceral representation of Fred the Giraffe’s struggles.

0104077F-DB03-435C-AB2D-F76F6DF4FD74.thumb.jpeg.b2928b4cabf62d90bd0b1beb30c6fb35.jpegABF6C8C7-A05A-4267-ADF1-54F2A4ED26BD.thumb.jpeg.84b186092df369b4563e2c511bc211ff.jpeg022BE36E-F381-46E0-8246-5A3FD8831851.thumb.jpeg.1d2849d1b16e7589658238fdb55529fd.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 21

Thank you again @deebeedoobee for bringing balance and realistic thinking to our world. The perfect tonic to all the doom and gloom of the weather thread.

(I know what you're going to say, but I can't, I just can't, I enjoy reading the models... I don't enjoy the way some people interpret them, but that's another matter.) 

46 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Thank you again @deebeedoobee for bringing balance and realistic thinking to our world. The perfect tonic to all the doom and gloom of the weather thread.

(I know what you're going to say, but I can't, I just can't, I enjoy reading the models... I don't enjoy the way some people interpret them, but that's another matter.) 

D2BA9707-78C6-44EE-AF27-1F8115822009.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

19th June

T-3

The current weather and ground conditions in Pilton are :
*  HFH records 13.3 degrees at 0829 with humidity at 87%. Consequent tent conditions - sunlight streaming through your flaps, getting less moist in the sunshine.

* RAM jam jar is active. Todays duckometer reading is 3.0 mm. Last night saw the first rainfall in 10 days, enough to make a scientist panic. Ducky is still touching RAM jam’s bottom.

* Diver is disappointed at the lack of wet rubber action.

* The crowd now thinks it may be Green Day.

* Current wind condition - fresh breeze.  Miss Pat is currently reading North Wootton. High level Ci,  2 okta.

* Sticky stick has applied for his old position. CV on file, currently no work. Ground condition is Chocolate coated flapjack.

* Arlo creates a visceral representation of Fred the Giraffe’s struggles.

0104077F-DB03-435C-AB2D-F76F6DF4FD74.thumb.jpeg.b2928b4cabf62d90bd0b1beb30c6fb35.jpegABF6C8C7-A05A-4267-ADF1-54F2A4ED26BD.thumb.jpeg.84b186092df369b4563e2c511bc211ff.jpeg022BE36E-F381-46E0-8246-5A3FD8831851.thumb.jpeg.1d2849d1b16e7589658238fdb55529fd.jpeg

Fantastic, thanks for this! Proof than 3mm on dry ground mean sod all!

• Like 1

This is Marys gate puddle. The one that is usually there all year round.  You can see what damage occurred from yesterday's rain.

Just back from a long walk around the site. No point running as it's like the M25 out there. It was spitting with rain for a short time, but we came back dry, as the temperature is warm enough to dry the drops.

Saw No Bones Jones arriving ....yay!!

It's all looking lovely.

20220619_144947.jpg

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

This is Marys gate puddle. The one that is usually there all year round.  You can see what damage occurred from yesterday's rain.

Just back from a long walk around the site. No point running as it's like the M25 out there. It was spitting with rain for a short time, but we came back dry, as the temperature is warm enough to dry the drops.

Saw No Bones Jones arriving ....yay!!

It's all looking lovely.

20220619_144947.jpg

looks decent that ... thanks for the updates 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

looks decent that ... thanks for the updates 

It really is. Apart from missing the sun it’s been a perfect festival day. The ground is rock hard, the temperature is just right for bimbling. I’m sure the workers/traders have enjoyed a cooler day for the set up.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

It really is. Apart from missing the sun it’s been a perfect festival day. The ground is rock hard, the temperature is just right for bimbling. I’m sure the workers/traders have enjoyed a cooler day for the set up.

Do we need to pack mallets for the tent pegs?

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Do we need to pack mallets for the tent pegs?

Always slightly baffled by this question tbh. Mine gets rolled up with the tent so it's always there if needed, takes up no space so don't understand why people wouldn't take one if they have it already.

Even if the ground isn't hard it's way easier to get a pet in with a mallet than without!

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Always slightly baffled by this question tbh. Mine gets rolled up with the tent so it's always there if needed, takes up no space so don't understand why people wouldn't take one if they have it already.

Even if the ground isn't hard it's way easier to get a pet in with a mallet than without!

That brings all sorts of images into mind. Not all of them pleasant, for the animal at least!