How is the ground on site ? ;-)

Funkyfairy!

36 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

It's almost 3am, I feel sick I'm so tired, yet this thread has had me smiling from start to finish. You've certainly upped your game Dee... I'm loving the new additions, especially Mrs Pat, but what does okta mean? Is that a sciency weather thing? Much love to Big Dog, I miss him x

Morning CG, I guess you're at work - I just can't sleep; excitement, anticipation??

Anyway, okta is a measure of cloud cover in eighths  - no cloud = 0 okta, completely cloudy = 8 oktas.

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

Morning CG, I guess you're at work - I just can't sleep; excitement, anticipation??

Anyway, okta is a measure of cloud cover in eighths  - no cloud = 0 okta, completely cloudy = 8 oktas.

I am at work... Hopefully only for another 1.5 hours. 

Thanx for that... I had no idea, I've never heard of it before.

I came into the oxfam shop looking for you at BT but there were 2 ladies on duty, they said they would let you know. Hope you enjoyed it x

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mark H said:

This is my favourite thread! I’m not resilient enough for the weather thread (!) so I’m focusing my efforts here. I love that your updates come out about 9pm NZ time and I try to enjoy them with ice cream because that seems like the right thing to do.

What is HFH?

Yum ice cream at 9pm …has one meaning…it’s summertime!! And it’s hot, hot , hot. 

3 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

It's almost 3am, I feel sick I'm so tired, yet this thread has had me smiling from start to finish. You've certainly upped your game Dee... I'm loving the new additions, especially Mrs Pat, but what does okta mean? Is that a sciency weather thing? Much love to Big Dog, I miss him x

HAHAHA, just noticed the writing on the last flag 🤣

Boo to work. Here’s hoping you are now fast asleep and dreaming of the hollowed fields.

we miss the doofus too.

Keep your eye on the flag.

3 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I am at work... Hopefully only for another 1.5 hours. 

Thanx for that... I had no idea, I've never heard of it before.

I came into the oxfam shop looking for you at BT but there were 2 ladies on duty, they said they would let you know. Hope you enjoyed it x

Ah, it was you, they said that a charming young lady had been asking after me. It was a great weekend all round thanks, I love doing Bearded.

Is the Bakewell on the go yet?

9th June
T-13
The current weather and ground conditions in Pilton are :
*  HFH records 15.3 degrees at 0833 with humidity at 83%. Consequent tent conditions - armpit stench and fetid feet. Slightly moist and slippy

* RAM jam jar is currently dry. Todays duckometer reading is 0.0 mm, from the last 24 hours. As dry as a dead dingo's donger.

* Diver suffering from rubbery chub rub and his helmet stinks.

* The Buddha refuses to comment. 

* Current wind condition - light breeze.  Miss Pat steadfast, reading Brown cow farm. St, 8 okta. 

*  sticky stick's tip getting sore. Well now looking for new employment as a sink hole. Ground conditions are shredded wheat with a splash of oat milk.

* Digger has drawn his interpretation of a science forecast

A6023F8F-49D3-41C7-8DE2-5B571D472A75.thumb.jpeg.445aa933668ce9bb0d65a3359afd63c0.jpegB9DFF3F6-04CE-4649-A8F8-1D265ACEAAD7.thumb.jpeg.8ddc79346aa9d81a0a5f4da1f02861a4.jpeg6A7FBA83-7527-46BD-B4D2-485AE1CC7303.thumb.jpeg.112ae9745af9248d7ed16a1a661588a7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 15

20 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

9th June
T-13
The current weather and ground conditions in Pilton are :
*  HFH records 15.3 degrees at 0833 with humidity at 83%. Consequent tent conditions - armpit stench and fetid feet. Slightly moist and slippy

* RAM jam jar is currently dry. Todays duckometer reading is 0.0 mm, from the last 24 hours. As dry as a dead dingo's donger.

* Diver suffering from rubbery chub rub and his helmet stinks.

* The Buddha refuses to comment. 

* Current wind condition - light breeze.  Miss Pat steadfast, reading Brown cow farm. St, 8 okta. 

*  sticky stick's tip getting sore. Well now looking for new employment as a sink hole. Ground conditions are shredded wheat with a splash of oat milk.

* Digger has drawn his interpretation of a science forecast

A6023F8F-49D3-41C7-8DE2-5B571D472A75.thumb.jpeg.445aa933668ce9bb0d65a3359afd63c0.jpegB9DFF3F6-04CE-4649-A8F8-1D265ACEAAD7.thumb.jpeg.8ddc79346aa9d81a0a5f4da1f02861a4.jpeg6A7FBA83-7527-46BD-B4D2-485AE1CC7303.thumb.jpeg.112ae9745af9248d7ed16a1a661588a7.jpeg

Loving the updates as always Dee, was also loving Digger's picture until I looked at it a bit more and realised that the cow has a terrifyingly blank-eyed smiley face on the end of its nose AND NOW THAT'S ALL I CAN SEE AND IT'S GOING TO HAUNT MY NIGHTMARES

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Loving the updates as always Dee, was also loving Digger's picture until I looked at it a bit more and realised that the cow has a terrifyingly blank-eyed smiley face on the end of its nose AND NOW THAT'S ALL I CAN SEE AND IT'S GOING TO HAUNT MY NIGHTMARES

plays the music from The Shining....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSoOQJRwwLI

image.png.958ceea2699ba1140706a74d12c2747b.png

Edited by pauladam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

Ah, it was you, they said that a charming young lady had been asking after me. It was a great weekend all round thanks, I love doing Bearded.

Is the Bakewell on the go yet?

I find it amusing that quite quickly festival attendees end up with 2 degrees of separation despite not knowing each other.  I volunteer with WaterAid but know Ben from Oxfam.  Small world

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Yum ice cream at 9pm …has one meaning…it’s summertime!! And it’s hot, hot , hot. 

It’s actually the depths of winter here. But ice cream is an appropriate treat year round. The trick is to eat it inside over the cooler months.

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Who had the historical weather data which showed amount of rainfall month by month?

Be good to see where we're at this June compared to previous years. 

Think it was chased out with burning torches and pitchforks for being too scientific, and sent back to the weather thread 😄

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quark said:

This whole thread is 7 pages my dude, if you can't find it you've got fuck all hope of managing your clashfinder 😂

It's Clashfinder which is the issue, spend more time with it than my wife!