2 Person Scout Tent Advice

al_coholic

So I have got a 2 person scout tent in Sticklinch, just wondering if it is worth buying a ground sheet/mat for the small porch to put your boots/shoes on?

If anyone has experience of this please let me know, I guess it would only need to be quite small, something like 1.5m x 0.5m

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

So I have got a 2 person scout tent in Sticklinch, just wondering if it is worth buying a ground sheet/mat for the small porch to put your boots/shoes on?

If anyone has experience of this please let me know, I guess it would only need to be quite small, something like 1.5m x 0.5m

I would say yes. We took one in 2017 and it was useful, even though the weather was good and there was no mud to contend with. If you get one slightly larger you can fold it outside of the tent when the door is open, giving you an outdoor space you can stand on while getting ready, cooking, etc. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I would say yes. We took one in 2017 and it was useful, even though the weather was good and there was no mud to contend with. If you get one slightly larger you can fold it outside of the tent when the door is open, giving you an outdoor space you can stand on while getting ready, cooking, etc. 

Cooking? What is this shenanigans you talk of. I am a lazy sod and will be buying everything except booze and some snack bars. but thanks for the advice about the ground sheet.

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Cooking? What is this shenanigans you talk of. I am a lazy sod and will be buying everything except booze and some snack bars. but thanks for the advice about the ground sheet.

Literally just boiling water for tea and instant porridge - cooking was stretching it!

Edited by blutarsky

My top tip is to take some bunting to string from the front of the tent like in my picture.

It made people stick to the proper path and stopped the grass outside our door from getting churned up with mud. (And made it easier to recignise at night)

592F6F47-0443-4993-84E3-A3CDE3F38727.jpeg

• Like 1