Where you gonna go first after setting up camp ?

gazzared

Once tents up, off to find something very tasty (nowhere in mind, gonna follow my nose on that one) then an aimless bimble around in awe before setting my ears to finding some live music/dj playing something funky or downright cheesy to while the hours away sinking whatevers in my rucksack / nearest bar is serving. Can practically smell the mud and hear the clang of the long drops now. 🍻

58 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Well I’m lucky to be allowed onsite on the Monday so will do a reconnaissance for the group of opening and prices 😀

Randomly have a tiny badge on with efests names as I think there’s a fair few regulars on here will be around Monday / Tuesday 😍😍😍

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Randomly have a tiny badge on with efests names as I think there’s a fair few regulars on here will be around Monday / Tuesday 😍😍😍

I will be there from Sunday this year, staying in Spring Ground! 😍

Once the tent is up, it's off to the nearest lock up to drop off all valuables, then I take two cans of Scrumpy up to the Glastonbury sign hill, lean back and watch the site fill up. I'll have been up since the middle of the night with minimal sleep so sometimes I'll drift off there (especially if it's warm), or else I'll take a little bimble around then have a nap in my tent.

Like a few others on here, I’m volunteering with Oxfam this year. I’m travelling down from Scotland on the Sunday and staying local, plan to be in the Oxfields bright and early pitched up and registered. Then it’s really a couple of days exploring the site before it fully opens on the Wednesday morning! 

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Once the tent is up, it's off to the nearest lock up to drop off all valuables, then I take two cans of Scrumpy up to the Glastonbury sign hill, lean back and watch the site fill up. I'll have been up since the middle of the night with minimal sleep so sometimes I'll drift off there (especially if it's warm), or else I'll take a little bimble around then have a nap in my tent.

Sounds great , my naps end up being 8hrs I'd wake up the next day haha

28 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Like a few others on here, I’m volunteering with Oxfam this year. I’m travelling down from Scotland on the Sunday and staying local, plan to be in the Oxfields bright and early pitched up and registered. Then it’s really a couple of days exploring the site before it fully opens on the Wednesday morning! 

Yeah the Mondays and Tuesday are brilliant , I was going with Oxfam originally but got lucky in the resale. If macca wasn't playing I'd have definitely stayed with Oxfam 

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Tuesday in the CV fields, congregating at the top of the hill of death - there was even a band playing there in 2019 - having a few drinks and laughs, going down to those already queuing at gate C to say hello, and just gazing over the site and going ‘wow’

Iam gonna really miss sitting on the hill on Tuesday after our BBQ 😭 were staying in showground this year , Hopefully the bus won't be too much hassle 🤞

22 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Tuesday in the CV fields, congregating at the top of the hill of death - there was even a band playing there in 2019 - having a few drinks and laughs, going down to those already queuing at gate C to say hello, and just gazing over the site and going ‘wow’

This sums up the start of my glasto 2019 perfectly! 😃 Hoping for the same in a months time. Once in I'm a big fan of Avalon Inn so will make my way there before heading to the Park 🍺

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, westholtschic said:

We are onsite from Sunday too 😁 Our friend Lucy camps  and volunteers from Spring Ground as well. 

My first time on site early this year, arriving Sat. First time on my own too. Buzzing as have always wanted to see the buildup! 

• Upvote 1

I think, for the first time ever, we'll be camping in Big Ground. 

So I reckon we'll walk down towards the Pyramid to see it in all it's glory, then swing a left and mooch around to West Holts, grab a strawberry Brothers, sit in the sun and take it all in. 

Setting up the trailer tent in B&W, then having a nice cold drink when it's all done as a reward. 

Head into the Festival when the queue has died down a bit on the Wednesday, take a couple of ciders in my bag, have a slow wander round and take it all in. 

I've heard of everyone meeting in the East camper fields on the Tuesday evening, does anything like this happen in B&W? 

Once the tent is up, and a ton of water has been consumed to rehydrate in the record June summer heat, a slow wander across to the greenfields in search of the Lizard cafe for the first of many cups of their chai over the weekend.