Where you gonna go first after setting up camp ?

gazzared

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I expect I'll go somewhere on my own for a beer and a joss stick after a stressful few hours arguing with the family.

Everything OK? 

Or that's the way after tense journey and setting up camp? 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

getting there Monday, so my first task will be sticking me tent up in the oxfield and getting everything pumped up and looking comfy, then i'll go find out what my shifts are. I'm imagining itll be early afternoon before all the admin type things are done, and then i'll get into the site and proceed straight to the bottom of muddy lane and the entrance to theatre and circus. I plan on standing there for a while and looking round at all the views - down to the pyramid, up to acoustic, west holts just down that way, t and c all looking beautiful, and then i'll hopefully grab a pint of brothers if theyre open, and stroll up to the stone circle to pat each stone, and across to the letters to sit down and enjoy the view for a good long while.  Thats my first couple of hours sorted 👍

Your using your 2 days before the festival for Pie reconnaissance!

Should be in and have camp set up by Monday lunchtime/early afternoon. Looking forward to catching up with my team. We'll start with a stroll to the stones, as is tradition, so we can enjoy them before having to steward everyone getting spangled in the Kings Meadow all weekend! Then going to trek up to the sign as we've got a few newbies with us this year so that's a must for them. Then will probably spend the rest of the afternoon/evening on a bit of a bar crawl. Can't bloody wait 

3 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

They do have DJs but they are Co-op staff who've won a competition by putting together a mixtape.

So their day job could be working on a checkout, in a warehouse or as a funeral director!

It was kind of tongue in cheek … but also thought I’d seen it take place elsewhere …. Didn’t realise they played at Glastonbury though 

We usually pull an all nighter and get in the queues early Weds. Try to get in and camp set up by mid-morning if possible, then it’s off for a wander and some food. Early afternoon is always West Holts for a few Brothers, ideally in the sunshine, sat on the lush green grass.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Our group almost has a tradition of meeting at the Avalon Inn now so almost certainly there 😀

It's actually the moment I'm most excited about currently. 

Yeah looking forward to climbing those wooden stairs and getting some shade away from the blistering sun ☀️☀️☀️

2 hours ago, westholtschic said:

From my recollection the cider bus, crew bars and the Avalon bar  are the only ones open on a Tuesday .

I defffo went into a few bars on the Tuesday night, think it might have been the Cornish arms or the elephant bar but bars were deffo open 👏👏👏

5 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Probably a mini wander to a bench at the top of the pyramid field with a can , to look at her in silence , contemplate and probably have a little cry of relief and for everything that’s happened since I last saw her x I’m welling up in a coffee shop thinking about it so I have no hope when I’m there 

Yes, a long leisurely stroll around the site checking out the green fields etc just absorbing the atmosphere. Discover which food outlets have returned, then to the Avalon inn . There’s been live music in the Wednesday evening in the Avalon cafe though I understand there’s been changes but the stage is still there. 
I can empathise with the way your feeling,  getting back on the farm will be a heady mix of euphoria and relief. 

56 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I defffo went into a few bars on the Tuesday night, think it might have been the Cornish arms or the elephant bar but bars were deffo open 👏👏👏

To be far we were quite inebriated after being in the Avalon bar for 3 hours chatting to the man who designed and help build it 😂

1 minute ago, westholtschic said:

To be far we were quite inebriated after being in the Avalon bar for 3 hours chatting to the man who designed and help build it 😂

Haha great...I defffo had a drink in a bar on Tuesday night as I was with Oxfam and I'd just left my east campervan friends to go the pub, they were sat on PGC hill and I just strolled through a little green door to get back into the festival 🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Well I’m lucky to be allowed onsite on the Monday so will do a reconnaissance for the group of opening and prices 😀

And provide a few extra bar wristbands for efest friends 🤔 🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 1