Where you gonna go first after setting up camp ?

gazzared

Just now, Hotchilidog said:

Camped in Sticklinch so we'll be entering the site via The Park to start, so a visit to the Stonebridge would be in order I think

Good idea , I'll be coming in through gate A every day so we plan to have breakfast at Lulu's from Thursday onwards.... Wednesday will be breakfast at base camp

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

We have varied it slightly over the years but if you want to be on site early some queueing will be inevitable. We usually wait until about 09:30 as all the overnighters will have gotten in by then. Usually you will still queue for an hour or so at that time but unless you are willing to wait until loads later it will probably be the same for most of the day. 

thanks for that. I knew that would be the answer if I'm honest. I think I'll give it until 10am then walk down. All giddy and excited!

Great thread.

not going to make firm plans as Wednesdays is all about going with the flow. We are in WV for the first time so once we’ve dumped our stuff I’m sure we’ll have a quick look around the campsite to see whats there.

a bit of a tradition to wander through the green and healing fields in the afternoon and have a lay down somewhere around there. Last time I watched someone have a gong bath which relaxed me! I might even try one myself this time.

then down to Avalon bar to get a few beers.

• Upvote 2

Just now, drunk pumpkin said:

thanks for that. I knew that would be the answer if I'm honest. I think I'll give it until 10am then walk down. All giddy and excited!

I think the queues only really die down after more than half the day is gone so best to just suck it up and get in when you want. It can be quite nice anyway because you can start the festival vibe early and help some people with their bags etc as you'll just have your day bag. 

• Upvote 1

Still no idea when my coach time is....however assuming its early AM will hopefully be set up by 12 ish....will probably get some lunch, have a couple of ciders and then meet my mate who's in a campervan to collect my camping chair and alcohol I'm offloading to him to bring down for me!

getting there Monday, so my first task will be sticking me tent up in the oxfield and getting everything pumped up and looking comfy, then i'll go find out what my shifts are. I'm imagining itll be early afternoon before all the admin type things are done, and then i'll get into the site and proceed straight to the bottom of muddy lane and the entrance to theatre and circus. I plan on standing there for a while and looking round at all the views - down to the pyramid, up to acoustic, west holts just down that way, t and c all looking beautiful, and then i'll hopefully grab a pint of brothers if theyre open, and stroll up to the stone circle to pat each stone, and across to the letters to sit down and enjoy the view for a good long while.  Thats my first couple of hours sorted 👍

• Like 2

I’ll have set up Monday so it’ll be wander down to GoS see if it’s finished. Climb up to the sign to get an overview (depending on energy levels). 
Then callin to the Tow and Hitch if it’s open. Wander down the railway track. See what the Glade area’s like this year. See if Maceo’s open and then have a mooch around T&C. This’ll be open to change depending on mood a chill in permaculture/ green fields might be the order of the day or being one of the first to be off their tits at the stone circle

• Like 1

Probably a mini wander to a bench at the top of the pyramid field with a can , to look at her in silence , contemplate and probably have a little cry of relief and for everything that’s happened since I last saw her x I’m welling up in a coffee shop thinking about it so I have no hope when I’m there 

Edited by Funkyfairy!
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

getting there Monday, so my first task will be sticking me tent up in the oxfield and getting everything pumped up and looking comfy, then i'll go find out what my shifts are. I'm imagining itll be early afternoon before all the admin type things are done, and then i'll get into the site and proceed straight to the bottom of muddy lane and the entrance to theatre and circus. I plan on standing there for a while and looking round at all the views - down to the pyramid, up to acoustic, west holts just down that way, t and c all looking beautiful, and then i'll hopefully grab a pint of brothers if theyre open, and stroll up to the stone circle to pat each stone, and across to the letters to sit down and enjoy the view for a good long while.  Thats my first couple of hours sorted 👍

Is brothers Open before Wednesday ? 

45 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Camped in Sticklinch so we'll be entering the site via The Park to start, so a visit to the Stonebridge would be in order I think

Same, I've never stayed that side of the site so will be an interesting charge

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Mrs P had a chai when we were out yesterday....made me long for that moment I get one in a mug from TTT and sit by the fire late evening ❤️

55 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I defffo need to go there but might wait until I can't drink beer anymore and need a tea with 10 sugars and a scone 🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Is brothers Open before Wednesday ? 

good question! i shall find out! the cider bus was defo open on the tuesday last time, as were a couple of other bars, but i've not been on a monday yet 

I'm heading in by myself this year to set up camp for the family and them to follow me in later. First year bringing the kids with us so really excited and a little apprehensive. 

In recent years have been arriving Thursday and for some reason always seem to head straight to the park, few drinks and then take a wee jaunt down to the SEC.

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

good question! i shall find out! the cider bus was defo open on the tuesday last time, as were a couple of other bars, but i've not been on a monday yet 

Oooo I didn’t even know the cider bus was open on the Tuesday - I knew crew bars and bread and roses but didn’t know any others - thanks for the info 

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

Oooo I didn’t even know the cider bus was open on the Tuesday - I knew crew bars and bread and roses but didn’t know any others - thanks for the info 

from what i remember from the tuesday way back in 19, about one in five food stalls were open on the tuesday - they tend to get in and set up from the sunday onwards, so a fair few will set up and start serving, just to make sure its all up to speed for wednesday. Im very happy to be tested on 😆