Here, have a cider bus cider…

theciderviking

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Was there a particular link that was problematic?  Or just too many?  

it was that it contained spammy links. thats what was reported.

Just now, Hutchmaster said:

Is there no way to just delete the posts within the thread with the spammy links as opposed to removing the whole thing?

not if the spammy links are in the first post, whole topic is the only option then.

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

it was reported for its spammy links, and was treated as spam, except your account survived, when it rea,ly shouldn't have done for consistency.

i've restored the topic as hidden.

Can you help me out here on what's spammy?  These were intended as relevant links to the topic in hand - cider to take to Glastonbury.  To commercial sites sure, but made in good faith as on-topic. I hope I've build up enough goodwill over the last 13 years and particularly this year that I only want the best for this site and this community. 

Is there any guidance you can provide to ensure I don't violate any other rules?  Is there anything I can do to make the thread compliant?  There's quite a lot of work over many years gone into that thread to help other festival goers and users of the site to make good decisions about their cider purchases at Glastonbury, it's not like I'm using affiliate codes or anything like that.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can you help me out here on what's spammy?  These were intended as relevant links to the topic in hand - cider to take to Glastonbury.  To commercial sites sure, but made in good faith as on-topic. I hope I've build up enough goodwill over the last 13 years and particularly this year that I only want the best for this site and this community. 

Is there any guidance you can provide to ensure I don't violate any other rules?  Is there anything I can do to make the thread compliant?  There's quite a lot of work over many years gone into that thread to help other festival goers and users of the site to make good decisions about their cider purchases at Glastonbury, it's not like I'm using affiliate codes or anything like that.

hi stu someone now hAS IT IN FOR YOU AND IS REPORTING LOADS OF YOUR POSTS

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can you help me out here on what's spammy?  These were intended as relevant links to the topic in hand - cider to take to Glastonbury.  To commercial sites sure

you got it!!!!

Is that the rule then - no more links to sites that sell stuff?  If that's the rule, then fine.  Just need to know.  That would cover quite a lot of posts over the last few years, but ok.

Delete all threads with seetickets links for a kick off 

Is that the rule then - no more links to sites that sell stuff?  If that's the rule, then fine.  Just need to know.  That would cover quite a lot of posts over the last few years, but ok.

yeah, sometimes links are appropriate, and sometimes they can be overdone. like when someone was recently linking to a particular site in most of their posts.

1 minute ago, al_coholic said:

Stu. I guess you are being targeted by someone for your support of the site yesterday. Beggars belief at the lengths these bastards will go to. 

they're just bastards, and probably think they're a fantastic lovely person.

Just now, whitehorses said:

Do you know/trust the person reporting Stu’s posts? Can’t you just dismiss their reports if you don’t think they’re genuine?

thats what i'm doing now, ignoring them.

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

you got it!!!!

That buggers up a lot of threads that have been useful and saved people money in the past.

Camping bargains, vinyl bargains, ticket sales...

I get the point with people pointing to a site that will make themselves money but if it's something that is genuinely to help other people and of no benefit to the poster, I can't see the problem.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

That buggers up a lot of threads that have been useful and saved people money in the past.

Camping bargains, vinyl bargains, ticket sales...

I get the point with people pointing to a site that will make themselves money but if it's something that is genuinely to help other people and of no benefit to the poster, I can't see the problem.

Aye, it's often us members asking for links about where to buy stuff or pointing other people to it. 

Some of the most useful posts I've seen here in twenty years were links to see tickets urls that helped me secure tickets.