Here, have a cider bus cider…

theciderviking

25 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Does it actually work? I rarely take any form of medication, even paracetamol only get a run out if desperate. A combo of Gaviscon and cider could be the solution I'm looking for.

I’ve found the trick is to take it with the first cider of the day, with plenty of top ups throughout. Waiting till you have heartburn to take one ends up a losing battle.

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Cider unfortuately tastes like my own vomit did at age 15 - which was 80% cider - so I cant do it. Ruined it for myself.

surely with all the biblical storms you forecast it must get watered down a decent amount to make it palatable 🙂 

I didn't drink cider for years after the worst hangover in the history of mankind.

However, mainly because @stuartbert two hats kept going on about it, I tried some of the craft ciders at Green Man last year and they were proper delicious. I think only the mass produced stuff is available at Glastonbury though isn't it?

5 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I didn't drink cider for years after the worst hangover in the history of mankind.

However, mainly because @stuartbert two hats kept going on about it, I tried some of the craft ciders at Green Man last year and they were proper delicious. I think only the mass produced stuff is available at Glastonbury though isn't it?

Burrow Hill is the real deal!

1 hour ago, theciderviking said:

729A4A35-A80B-4EF8-B578-471FE1AD8A1D.jpeg.212e4b98d504e0d54e1f57c5e6bef7c4.jpeg

If all of the tension over the past couple of days has shown one thing…it’s just how desperately we all NEED to be in those hallowed fields, cider in hand. 🤩

I think 2 years of pent up frustrations have combined with the ridiculous excitement we’re all feeling, then throw in the individual challenges different people are facing and fighting to overcome which none of us will ever really understand because different things affect different people so very differently,  and it really doesn’t take much for things to boil over. 

Life’s too bloody short, and everybody needs a bit of Glasto magic right about now. So here, have a virtual cup of Burrow Hill for now, and I’ll see you at the legendary Cider Bus for a pint of the real thing in just a few short weeks! 🍻 And yes, I am buying. 😉 

Thank you ,  perfectly put - thanks for the virtual pint of cider - would you mind if I had a calvados chaser , I’m feeling reckless 

4 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Where on site can I find that?

Just avoid Brothers which is basically the old sweets from the corner shop (pear drops, cola cubes, pineapple chunks... all of em) melted down into a sickly paste and then cut with industrial alcohol / antifreeze / hand sanitizer

The Cider Bus Cider (Burrow Bridge) is fermented apples.  That is pretty much it

Edited by Jay Pee
Error
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Don't know, I just use this for heartburn. And yeah be proactive with it if you're going on a eating a drinking binge.

10233807?id=-Klmv1&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain

Yup omperazole or esomperazole tablets are what you want. Stops excess acid production. Only for temporary festival cider use though. If you’re having heartburn all the time go and see the quack

• Like 1

Really @Neil, you delete the CIDER thread that was full of useful information and was discussing ciders local to the festival and producers that sold it in quantities small enough to take to the festival?  It was a labour of love, mainly contributed to by one of the few regular posters not to join in attacking you over the last couple of days.  I mean, really?

You could have merged it, but now years of insights have been lost.

*Shakes head*

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Really @Neil, you delete the CIDER thread that was full of useful information and was discussing ciders local to the festival and producers that sold it in quantities small enough to take to the festival?  It was a labour of love, mainly contributed to by one of the few regular posters not to join in attacking you over the last couple of days.  I mean, really?

You could have merged it, but now years of insights have been lost.

*Shakes head*

it was reported for its spammy links, and was treated as spam, except your account survived, when it rea,ly shouldn't have done for consistency.

i've restored the topic as hidden.