Here, have a cider bus cider…

theciderviking

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

That buggers up a lot of threads that have been useful and saved people money in the past.

Camping bargains, vinyl bargains, ticket sales...

I get the point with people pointing to a site that will make themselves money but if it's something that is genuinely to help other people and of no benefit to the poster, I can't see the problem.

allowing fair use is how i've tended to do it, but sometimes (like when i have a wife shouting in my ear or the links are prominent i n a first post) i can go into a bit of an autopilot, as i want the hassle of a reported post to go away as quickly as possible.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I thought on-topic constructive links to commercial sites were encouraged because of the potential for driving affiliate revenue to eFests.

its only useful like that if they have an affiliate scheme that's being tapped into.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Brilliant, thank you!  Do you want the directs links to stop and just to discuss the producers?

I've no interest in making your life harder.

try not to post too many links, 

Is this above reasoning regarding links to sites that sell things why my post asking about people's choices of ear protection was deleted, and even my account (copperbottom) was banned as a result? Just logged in to see what people had said, presumably some posting links, and found out I'd been banned from the whole website - apologies if I'd unintentionally committed a ban-worthy offence with that one...

5 hours ago, theciderviking said:

If all of the tension over the past couple of days has shown one thing…it’s just how desperately we all NEED to be in those hallowed fields, cider in hand. 🤩

Amen brother! 🍻Love a pint or two from the cider bus. And will be taking some of their cider brandy with me too which is seriously good stuff although dangerous when added to the mulled! 

6 hours ago, carlosj said:

You're that Guardian reviewer, aren't you?

Did a lot of the small cider bars get pulled 2 festivals ago? I remember one place facing the bottom of Williams Green that wasn't there the year after. I'm mainly a softy Summer drinking cider person, so don't often get some, but they were nice. I got told off by a mate from Somerset for drinking Herefordshire cider 😁

Yeah there was a bar selling three (or was it four) types of Thatchers Craft cider from 20l boxes. Was also Martin Thatchers personal party bar out the back. 

(Source: Worked it 2016)

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

That ain't gonna do the job. Get yourself some Esomeprazole, one a day tablet.

Nexium is better. If a bit pricey.

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Don't know, I just use this for heartburn. And yeah be proactive with it if you're going on a eating a drinking binge.

10233807?id=-Klmv1&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain

Beat me to it.

_________

Hot 'n' Spicy is the taste of Glastonbury in a paper cup afaic. Trick is to swirl it around a bit before every sip, or you end up with all of the spicy as sandy dregs at the bottom.

First place I'll be heading is The Blue Bus, hoping that they've had enough time to get it hot enough, and then convincing myself that it used to be served way hotter in previous years and that health and safety may have had words.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, c0pperbottom said:

Is this above reasoning regarding links to sites that sell things why my post asking about people's choices of ear protection was deleted, and even my account (copperbottom) was banned as a result? Just logged in to see what people had said, presumably some posting links, and found out I'd been banned from the whole website - apologies if I'd unintentionally committed a ban-worthy offence with that one...

I think maybe the trolls are just mass reporting things in order to ruin the site and it's working.

It's pretty difficult for any thread on "what should I buy for X?" to work without links to the things you can buy. And if the standard becomes just naming retailers and brands instead then it also doesn't work because if someone is really posting "What brand of X should I buy, I found these and they look quite good" while actually having a commercial involvement in what they're posting... they can exploit that in the same way, as people get in to the habit of just looking them up manually.

It reminds me of the Overclockers UK forum, where you can't link to or even mention competing retailers, so everyone speaks in code "this monitor is only £399 at the providers of Britain's national cuisine" (Currys).

3 hours ago, c0pperbottom said:

Have a look at these, highly recommended by my other half.... 🙂

https://www.alpinehearingprotection.co.uk/products/musicsafe-pro 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I think maybe the trolls are just mass reporting things in order to ruin the site and it's working.

It's pretty difficult for any thread on "what should I buy for X?" to work without links to the things you can buy. And if the standard becomes just naming retailers and brands instead then it also doesn't work because if someone is really posting "What brand of X should I buy, I found these and they look quite good" while actually having a commercial involvement in what they're posting... they can exploit that in the same way, as people get in to the habit of just looking them up manually.

It reminds me of the Overclockers UK forum, where you can't link to or even mention competing retailers, so everyone speaks in code "this monitor is only £399 at the providers of Britain's national cuisine" (Currys).

I read that as overlockers forum and suddenly had you loving great British sewing bee tv shows and brothers sewing machines - and didn’t get the connection to monitors and curry’s - had to reread a few times 🙈