Here, have a cider bus cider…

theciderviking

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

One of the biggest "I'm home" moments I'll get is asking the nice person serving behind the bar at the Ciderbus to double cup my hot n spicy. 

Add a cider brandy to it and you're set up for the day!

Just now, Skelts said:

Add a cider brandy to it and you're set up for the day!

My friends stitched me up in 2019 with that. Gave them some money (foolishly) as it was my round at the ciderbus but I couldn't be arsed to go to the bar. 

They come back with 3 hot n spicy's.

I get to the end of my pint and see them sniggering like school girls. It turns out they'd popped a 10yo cider brandy in mine.

It was at that point I realised my cheeks were glowing red as my body tried to deal with the added alcohol and evil dose of treachery!

Things got messy.

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My friends stitched me up in 2019 with that. Gave them some money (foolishly) as it was my round at the ciderbus but I couldn't be arsed to go to the bar. 

They come back with 3 hot n spicy's.

I get to the end of my pint and see them sniggering like school girls. It turns out they'd popped a 10yo cider brandy in mine.

It was at that point I realised my cheeks were glowing red as my body tried to deal with the added alcohol and evil dose of treachery!

Things got messy.

Can I join your gang?

Cider has been my can of choice at the festivals for as long as I can remember. I used to take a gallon of snakebite to Donington. The main reason being that it doesn't taste too bad if not cold, unlike lager, and warm Guinness is undrinkable. However, at the last few festivals I've been to, it's started to give me terrible heartburn, that stopped when I discovered Thatchers but even that gave it to me last time. Having to have a major rethink on my alcohol choices this year.  

Edited by Gnomicide

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Something positive about cider. 

Only cider at festivals for me, as well as bourbon and tequila and deffo no beer. Cider gives you super strength. Tequila keeps you going all night.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Cider has been my can of choice at the festivals for as long as I can remember. I used to take a gallon of snakebite to Donington. The main reason being that it doesn't taste too bad if not cold, unlike lager, and warm Guinness is undrinkable. However, at the last few festivals I've been to, it's started to give me terrible heartburn, that stopped when I discovered Thatchers but even that gave it to me last time. Having to have a major rethink on my alcohol choices this year.  

I suffer terribly with heartburn at the moment.

I'm going to be stashing a rucksack of Gaviscon at one the lock ups this festival I think!

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

I'm going to be stashing a rucksack of Gaviscon at one the lock ups this festival I think!

Does it actually work? I rarely take any form of medication, even paracetamol only get a run out if desperate. A combo of Gaviscon and cider could be the solution I'm looking for.

Haven’t been a cider drinker since I was about 18 as it goes straight through me but considering taking some cans as it’s more palatable warm than beer.

I must confess, in 2017, we were all set up and out walking the site by about 9am on the Wednesday and because we’d been up all night we sort or lost a sense of time. We were extremely confused as to why there was no where open to get a drink and then we realised it was 9am. Anyways, we saw a few people with drinks cups and asked where they’d got it and they guided us towards the cider bus. Was a nice little walk, until we found out the price and then tasted it. Barely drinkable but I finished it nonetheless 😄

not sure the lesson or the point here

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Does it actually work? I rarely take any form of medication, even paracetamol only get a run out if desperate. A combo of Gaviscon and cider could be the solution I'm looking for.

there is no pattern wether it works or not 

Just now, JoeyT said:

I know what you mean. It’s a shame as cider is far more drinkable unchilled when compared to ale or lager. 

30 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

I like cider.  Proper cider especially.  Strongbow Dark Fruits is Rank and Carling Dark Fruits is Kiddy Fiddler Piss

You're that Guardian reviewer, aren't you?

Did a lot of the small cider bars get pulled 2 festivals ago? I remember one place facing the bottom of Williams Green that wasn't there the year after. I'm mainly a softy Summer drinking cider person, so don't often get some, but they were nice. I got told off by a mate from Somerset for drinking Herefordshire cider 😁