Here, have a cider bus cider…

theciderviking

729A4A35-A80B-4EF8-B578-471FE1AD8A1D.jpeg.212e4b98d504e0d54e1f57c5e6bef7c4.jpeg

If all of the tension over the past couple of days has shown one thing…it’s just how desperately we all NEED to be in those hallowed fields, cider in hand. 🤩

I think 2 years of pent up frustrations have combined with the ridiculous excitement we’re all feeling, then throw in the individual challenges different people are facing and fighting to overcome which none of us will ever really understand because different things affect different people so very differently,  and it really doesn’t take much for things to boil over. 

Life’s too bloody short, and everybody needs a bit of Glasto magic right about now. So here, have a virtual cup of Burrow Hill for now, and I’ll see you at the legendary Cider Bus for a pint of the real thing in just a few short weeks! 🍻 And yes, I am buying. 😉 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

729A4A35-A80B-4EF8-B578-471FE1AD8A1D.jpeg.212e4b98d504e0d54e1f57c5e6bef7c4.jpeg

If all of the tension over the past couple of days has shown one thing…it’s just how desperately we all NEED to be in those hallowed fields, cider in hand. 🤩

I think 2 years of pent up frustrations have combined with the ridiculous excitement we’re all feeling, then throw in the individual challenges different people are facing and fighting to overcome which none of us will ever really understand because different things affect different people so very differently,  and it really doesn’t take much for things to boil over. 

Life’s too bloody short, and everybody needs a bit of Glasto magic right about now. So here, have a virtual cup of Burrow Hill for now, and I’ll see you at the legendary Cider Bus for a pint of the real thing in just a few short weeks! 🍻 And yes, I am buying. 😉 

🍻

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

Cider is rank, cider bus cider, even more rank. 

Cider can give me a bit of a gag reflex and nowadays also absolutely appalling reflux, but if you power through the first pint it’s not bad.

The hot cider from the bus on the Sunday night in 2007 was a lifesaver. Made watching the Who in the constant rain bearable.

I will be bringing plenty of antacids this year 🙂

Just now, JoeyT said:

One of the biggest "I'm home" moments I'll get is asking the nice person serving behind the bar at the Ciderbus to double cup my hot n spicy. 

Showing my age now, but that stuff was the elixir of life in 1998 when it was fucking cold, as well as wet.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Showing my age now, but that stuff was the elixir of life in 1998 when it was fucking cold.

On the opposite side of things, there's nothing better than sipping a pint of it once the sun has just set and you're at that point where you don't want to commit to jumper yet but the temperature has definitely dropped.

Heaven.

I'll probably shed a tear whilst doing so on the Weds evening of this year!

Just now, JoeyT said:

On the opposite side of things, there's nothing better than sipping a pint of it once the sun has just set and you're at that point where you don't want to commit to jumper yet but the temperature has definitely dropped.

Heaven.

I'll probably shed a tear whilst doing so on the Weds evening of this year!

Phwoar, that's on my bucket list for G2022.

4 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

Cider can give me a bit of a gag reflex and nowadays also absolutely appalling reflux, but if you power through the first pint it’s not bad.

I John Moncur. Proper farm cider if you can power through the first pint basically becomes fuckin gorgeous.  Its a marathon not a sprint.

Also, never ever try it after just brushing your teeth.  You need a good festival cake hole / broken in taste buds  to appreciate it.  Several hours of baking in the sun eating food in bread envelopes and supping warm cans is nice preparation