Sleeping Dragon in the woods

marathonsteve

I get to the festival Wednesday so I was gonna mooch off and do a few things I’d never had chance to do as most of my mates arrive on Thursday.

On me list so far is

Stone circle 

Strummerville

Glastonbury sign 

Find the Dragon which is also near Piano bar 

Glastonbury on sea 

Lost Horizons

I feel a bit guilty having not bothered with a lot of these I’ve been every festival since 2013. Been busy though haha. Any other recommendations what I should scope out?

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I get to the festival Wednesday so I was gonna mooch off and do a few things I’d never had chance to do as most of my mates arrive on Thursday.

On me list so far is

Stone circle 

Strummerville

Glastonbury sign 

Glastonbury on sea 

Lost Horizons

I feel a bit guilty having not bothered with a lot of these I’ve been every festival since 2013. Been busy though haha. Any other recommendations what I should scope out?

I won't give the game away as it's fun looking for the hidden things but as the site is huge, I'll narrow it down slightly and let you know that these are close.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

On me list so far is

Stone circle 

Strummerville

Glastonbury sign 

Glastonbury on sea 

Lost Horizons

You could also try and find the tunnel under the railway.  Took me 3 festivals to find it!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Must try and find the piano bar this year. One of a few unticked boxes for me.

I took some pictures of it last year when working at Worthy Pastures.  I will try and dig them out as they will shock quite a few who are familiar with it.  The power of mother nature when the countryside reclaims the festival site.

It would be great to have a few more secret bits this year, The Underground Piano Bar and the Rabbit Hole have been around for a long time and attract big queues to get in as they seem to have become tourist attractions in recent years. I used to love the micro venues when they had lanes in Shangri la, hidden doors which take you to tiny venues, etc with some bloke DJing old Commodore 64 computer game music! I miss those I hope there a a few new secret things hidden away this year to discover (or more likely not discover!)

19 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I believe there are two of them arn't there?

As best I can tell, there's at least two tunnels under the railway track - but I think only the one between Greenpeace / Green Futures is open for use.

The other one that I think exists is at the bottom of Park Home, near the toilets on both sides of the track, but I don't think it's been open for use in recent memory and so I assume it's probably unfit.

image.png.f3b220932e37ffb7faa7c56026eddb03.png

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I was in there 2019 - can't believe how it looks like its decades old already! That blue / green bit in the final pic is where the revolving piano was, and to the left of it the gaol!

Nuts isn't it.  Was quite an experience seeing so much of the site with so few people and with two years having past sine the festival.

Wildlife at the Stone Circle.  You may have to zoom in..

Where bins go to sleep.

Ryanair to Worthy Farm.

IMG_20210728_101955.jpg

IMG_20210727_205734.jpg

IMG_20210727_210431.jpg

55 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

How many people have found the wood nymph? He’s only about 7 foot tall. I have photos but will only put them up if they are wanted.

Yes please. I have posted these "secret" photo's before which didn't ruffle any feathers. Especially as you would have to have a ridiculous knowledge of the site to identify the location from the pictures.

Apart from you and a couple of other locals that is 🙂