Match Campervan ticket name to Festival ticket name?

timbrass

How strict do you think the CVE staff will be on Thursday PM in checking that the Campervan ticket name matches the Festival ticket name?  My Campervan is already down in Somerset, but we have to come on the Thursday coach from Reading.  I will have a CVE ticket in someone else's name.  The actual person named on the ticket will be somewhere else in CVE (or on site) but it would be a pain for them to have to come back to the CVE entrance.  I was thinking of getting them to make and send me a short video showing their ticket name and the fact that they were in CVE to show the stewards that it wasn't a touted ticket.

8 minutes ago, timbrass said:

How strict do you think the CVE staff will be on Thursday PM in checking that the Campervan ticket name matches the Festival ticket name?  My Campervan is already down in Somerset, but we have to come on the Thursday coach from Reading.  I will have a CVE ticket in someone else's name.  The actual person named on the ticket will be somewhere else in CVE (or on site) but it would be a pain for them to have to come back to the CVE entrance.  I was thinking of getting them to make and send me a short video showing their ticket name and the fact that they were in CVE to show the stewards that it wasn't a touted ticket.

they can be fully strict if they want to be, its in the t&c's that they can be.

Just now, Neil said:

they can be fully strict if they want to be, its in the t&c's that they can be.

If they are strict then I park to one side and wait for the valid ticket owner to walk up to CVE entrance (but that may take a hour or two).  Just trying to see what other people's actual experience has been...

2 times in CVE, one year they checked the names, one year they didn’t, but that year was 2016 and the whole thing was a cluster fuck and they were just getting people on site by any means possible.

not sure what the consequences are for the names not matching other than being refused entry, you could risk the cv ticket being confiscated.

On 5/16/2022 at 6:18 PM, timbrass said:

If they are strict then I park to one side and wait for the valid ticket owner to walk up to CVE entrance (but that may take a hour or two).  Just trying to see what other people's actual experience has been...

The issue here is that they have 2 ticket check locations.

The first is half way down Pylle Lane (before the village) and here is where they want to make sure you have correct / valid tickets... 

The second is the CVE entrance on Pylle Road (CV25) and here they want to see whereabouts you are parked (quiet or regular) so they can have you turn right or go straight on

It would make sense to me to make the decision (if they want to turf you out..) at first check. There is more room and you are still near the A37

27 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

The first is half way down Pylle Lane (before the village) and here is where they want to make sure you have correct / valid tickets... 

The second is the CVE entrance on Pylle Road (CV25) and here they want to see whereabouts you are parked (quiet or regular) so they can have you turn right or go straight on

It would make sense to me to make the decision (if they want to turf you out..) at first check. There is more room and you are still near the A37

The second check isn't the CV ticket but the sticker you get at the first one to put in the CV window if I recall correctly.

2 hours ago, andymk said:

The second check isn't the CV ticket but the sticker you get at the first one to put in the CV window if I recall correctly.

Good point, well made...

It is however a directional check ("go this way") vs a validation check ("you aint coming in..")

6 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Thanks for this info.  The actual CVE ticket owner will be on site, so in theory he would need to get to outside the village (not going to happen) if they wanted to be difficult.  In that case I might have to do a video call with him so the ticket checker can see that he has a valid festival ticket that matches the CVE ticket and is clearly on site.

4 minutes ago, timbrass said:

Thanks for this info.  The actual CVE ticket owner will be on site, so in theory he would need to get to outside the village (not going to happen) if they wanted to be difficult.  In that case I might have to do a video call with him so the ticket checker can see that he has a valid festival ticket that matches the CVE ticket and is clearly on site.

Maybe help if he can show his festival ticket... or maybe lets you have a copy/photo..

You basically want to have anything that suggests you are part of the same group but that he has had to travel earlier than you..

I cannot believe that the festival want to stop people coming in (who have legit festival tickets..), it would still be a ball ache for them to get you back out on the road i imagine..

Good luck.. Hope you enjoy it!