Site Photos - SPOILER ALERT

blutarsky

Don't know if anyone's noticed, but it looks like Lower Mead has been just about halved in size, with a big chunk of the field being given over to hospitality. Bit of a pisser for us as it has taken our spot from the last couple of festivals (one I really liked) and it looks like a further shafting of everyone coming by public transport after losing half of Pylon. It will probably be a real bun fight for any decent spots near PGA this year.

2 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

Don't know if anyone's noticed, but it looks like Lower Mead has been just about halved in size, with a big chunk of the field being given over to hospitality. Bit of a pisser for us as it has taken our spot from the last couple of festivals (one I really liked) and it looks like a further shafting of everyone coming by public transport after losing half of Pylon. It will probably be a real bun fight for any decent spots near PGA this year.

Interesting to see a comparison gif … I thought there was hospitality there last time ? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Interesting to see a comparison gif … I thought there was hospitality there last time ? 

There was, but the fence line was much further west. The big tell for me was that the electricity pylon in that field was in public camping last time, that now sits in the hospitality. The tree was also pretty central in public in 2019, now it's right by the fence.

11 minutes ago, Tardigrade said:

Am I completely blind or is Arcadia not built yet?

Nah, still waiting for it on the webcam. It'd be nice if it was all put together weds onwards for the surprise element 🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

There was, but the fence line was much further west. The big tell for me was that the electricity pylon in that field was in public camping last time, that now sits in the hospitality. The tree was also pretty central in public in 2019, now it's right by the fence.

I don't think the pylon is in hospitality area if you're talking about the one that looks to be about 6pm of the pyramid? Hospitality is about 3 o'clock to the pyramid stage.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lees23 said:

Nah, still waiting for it on the webcam. It'd be nice if it was all put together weds onwards for the surprise element 🙂

I mean I love thinking that it just walks there on it's own and plants down for the weekend 😄

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, seebee71 said:

I don't think the pylon is in hospitality area if you're talking about the one that looks to be about 6pm of the pyramid? Hospitality is about 3 o'clock to the pyramid stage.

Apologies, I mean this one:

IMG-20220615-WA0003.jpg.c61402d0a12a4d755258d1795b003c55.jpg.b0cb4da7338a76db8947da6c9ee9d0e0.jpg

Looks like it is either on or inside the hospitality fence. In 2019 it was surrounded by public camping:

half_way_thru_plus_areas21lm.jpg.70429db55834cbaefd1379f4e23bd80d.jpg

Compare the tree's location relative to the fence line too, big ol' chunk taken out of old lower mead. 

4 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

IMG-20220615-WA0003.jpg.c61402d0a12a4d755258d1795b003c55.jpg.b0cb4da7338a76db8947da6c9ee9d0e0.jpg

Looks like it is either on or inside the hospitality fence. In 2019 it was surrounded by public camping:

Compare the tree's location relative to the fence line too, big ol' chunk taken out of old lower mead. 

Ah, with you now. I thought you were talking about the interstage/hospitality area. Yes, good spot, does look like they've moved the camping fence to run along the track?

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Has it always had that dirt road around it?

It wasn’t there the other day, this was shared in here somewhere a few days ago. I just double checked that ifs from this year and you can make out the aircraft steps near the sign so it is this year. No dirt road.

as per other reply, maybe it’s where they have levelled out ready to put the trackway down?

144F8861-2531-43C3-A9B1-ECEBF6714F28.png

6 hours ago, cloudbusting said:

I was in hospitality camping 2019 (working in the interstage area) and it wasn’t that busy in hospitality - definitely didn’t feel like more space was necessary. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Neville Street said:

It wasn’t there the other day, this was shared in here somewhere a few days ago. I just double checked that ifs from this year and you can make out the aircraft steps near the sign so it is this year. No dirt road.

as per other reply, maybe it’s where they have levelled out ready to put the trackway down?

144F8861-2531-43C3-A9B1-ECEBF6714F28.png

It could be loose wood chippings. They put them down early on places with heavy foot traffic.

15 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

What a nice little teaser, thanks for posting this.

Everything seemed familiar.

so just seen a pic of Sonic from the other side, and it looks amazing and really big. It's got a big open mouth. I can't post the pic without asking the guy if I can share it. But he posts pics from above the tipi field most days. Also got really good pics of the pier

10 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

so just seen a pic of Sonic from the other side, and it looks amazing and really big. It's got a big open mouth. I can't post the pic without asking the guy if I can share it. But he posts pics from above the tipi field most days. Also got really good pics of the pier

Are you Jim Bowen?