Who’s Playing What Day? 2 Electric Boogaloo

wayne rooney street strike

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t think they were ever likely for that slot, were they? Booked for a regular sub/third down Other slot in ‘20 so the assumption was always that they’d just keep that slot, even if they are a perfect kind of act for the Other opener. 

i'm losing track of years, but i know that supergrass were booked for the opening slot on the other stage for one year, did that happen in 2019? if not it might have rolled -over to this year.

Edited by Neil

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

i'm losing track of years, but i know that supergrass were booked for the opening slot on the other stage for one year, did that happen in 2019? if not it might have rolled -over to this year.

Vaccines in 2019, was gonna be Happy Mondays in 2020, so I'm guessing Supergrass were 2021. Gives me some hope they they've been knocked down a slot or two this year

Just now, wro_lap said:

Vaccines in 2019, was gonna be Happy Mondays in 2020, so I'm guessing Supergrass were 2021. Gives me some hope they they've been knocked down a slot or two this year

Was the Happy Mondays thing ever confirmed? Thought that was just a rumour/peoples best guess.

4 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Supergrass we’re subbing (the other stage if that wasn’t clear)

Edited by sisco

53 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was the Happy Mondays thing ever confirmed? Thought that was just a rumour/peoples best guess.

They were on the 2020 poster for a 'normal' slot, not to open Other (I think). As far as I know, they had the offer to open Other this time, but turned it down

Edited by mufcok

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Are the libertines really much of a draw these days then? Supergrass/ bloc party/ happy Mondays would all be more fun imho 

I don't think Bloc Party would be interested in doing the other opening slot, they have proper decent new material. Supergrass were given a proper slot in 2020 and got this again and then Mondays are out for some reason

9 hours ago, zico martin said:

Are the libertines really much of a draw these days then? Supergrass/ bloc party/ happy Mondays would all be more fun imho 

I think they are way bigger than The Vaccines, who opened that stage on 2019. It's not that far since they sub the Pyramid...

9 hours ago, zico martin said:

The Libertines were headlining Reading/Leeds less than a decade ago which is more than can be said for any other bands to do the Other opener slot. They may have fallen off since but they’re still a massive get for that slot imo - much bigger deal than Bloc Party and Happy Mondays at least.

38 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

11AM, sunny morning, three years after the fucking COVID and the field bouncing with this. What a way to start Glasto 2022.

Y'know, I'm not a big Libertines fan at all and was completely nonplussed by this rumour but you've completely sold it on me here 😂

If I'm up in time, that is. 

1 hour ago, AlexOvd said:

11AM, sunny morning, three years after the fucking COVID and the field bouncing with this. What a way to start Glasto 2022.

Loved the 2015 set too as it was the perfect little surprise. Feel like this year's will be even more special too for all the reasons you've described.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're a big name and have - or had - a big hardcore fan base. But I dunno if that translates in the setlist they're likely to perform - they won't have as many big numbers as some of the other bands.

Generational thing but my group would certainly care a lot more for The Libertines than Supergrass or The Mondays

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Rudimental are playing Sunday. 

Not sure if we knew this or not, but just been told by someone close to the band. 

They’re on the glade lineup so presumably their DJ thing rather than the band?

Edited by sisco